Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Capstone Scholars Confirmation

Crimson217Crimson217 Posts: 188Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2011 in University of Alabama
My son mailed the Capstone Scholars RSVP postcard however, we haven't received a confirmation. Suggestions?
Post edited by Crimson217 on

Replies to: Capstone Scholars Confirmation

• mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 70,971Registered User Senior Member
    Call the scholarship office on Monday. I'm not sure if they send a confirmation.
  • Crimson217Crimson217 Posts: 188Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks! When we went for University Days they sent parking information, and location information. All the invitation says is Jan. 15, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm.
  • lapaganlapagan Posts: 296Registered User Junior Member
    Check Mybama email
    Thanks lapagan. I went and checked his MyBama email account and nothing...he hasn't received an email in that account since Nov. 15...I wonder if that is the issue? He has emailed his regional recruiter to see if she can assist us.
  • gamomof3gamomof3 Posts: 396Registered User Member
    We RSVPd and have not received any confirmation either. I was thinking that they just were not going to send anything.
    Call the Scholarships office and ask if confirmations are sent.
  • mommylawmommylaw Posts: 242Registered User Junior Member
    D received a post card confirmation via regular mail and has rec'd 2 emails to her gmail account- not UA email) which confirm her registration for Capstone and ask if she wants an optional tour. Below is the email she rec'd:

We are pleased that you will be joining us for Capstone Scholars Day 2011 on Saturday, January 15, 2011. As part of the event we would like to offer you the opportunity to participate in a campus tour. The tour will begin at 1:30pm once the event concludes, and last approximately one hour. If you would like to register for the tour, please respond to this message and include the following information: Student Name, High School, and Hometown.

Please note, due to space limitations, only one guest can accompany each student to Capstone Scholars Day. We look forward to having you on campus.

Sincerely,
    Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships
    scholarships@ua.edu
    Thanks for the replies and the information. My son sent an email to his recruiter and she says that they received his RSVP (it's on her computer) and she'd check to see if additional information should have been sent. I'm just glad to know they have his RSVP and they are expecting him. Thanks again and Roll Tide!
  • MOMSATMOMSAT Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    My D received a Capstone Scholars invite message via email yesterday. It said letters were on their way - good luck everyone!
    ^^^^

What is the date of the event???

Is your student a junior or senior?
    Momsat...

Can you tell us what the email was about? Is there a Capstone Scholars Day in the near future.
  • robotbldmomrobotbldmom Posts: 2,475Registered User Senior Member
    Wasn't Capstone Scholars Day Jan. 15, 2011????
    I'm wondering if Bama is having another one for juniors or something.
  • ldinctldinct Posts: 1,810Registered User Senior Member
    There are those Honors College Days coming up that S received the invitation in the mail, I think there are 2 in March. I guess they are for Srs or accepted students?
    Ahhh...maybe. I didn't know about those. is there an agenda included?