Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

TEXAS A&M 29 - Alabama 24 !!!!

GolfFatherGolfFather Posts: 1,519Registered User Senior Member
edited November 2012 in University of Alabama
Roll Aggies !!!!

:)
Post edited by GolfFather on

Replies to: TEXAS A&M 29 - Alabama 24 !!!!

• malanaimalanai Posts: 2,159Registered User Senior Member
    Congrats to A&M. 'Bama has no excuses. First and goal on the 5 and they couldn't get it done. Johnny Football was outstanding.
  • ahpimommyahpimommy Posts: 1,033Registered User Senior Member
    I agree malanai...def left the A game somewhere else. Need to put this one behind us and get ready for next week...
    Johnny Football did a great job! Congrats to A&M.
  • Cuttlefish123Cuttlefish123 Posts: 1,380Registered User Senior Member
    Heartbreaking! My friend from TX rarely calls but she did tonight.

Get them next time, Tide.

RTR!!
  • rolltide90rolltide90 Posts: 331Registered User Member
    Horrible play call. Should have ran it... <sigh>
  • feenotypefeenotype Posts: 2,304Registered User Senior Member
    Shouldn't have spotted them those 20 first quarter points.
  • ChardoChardo Posts: 2,080Registered User Senior Member
    This falls on Saban. First and goal at the 5, and you go shotgun? Gotta ram it down their throats there. Set up the whole series for failure.

More importantly, this team was terribly unprepared for this game. TAMU's game plan was nothing new for them. They've been doing it all year. To be unprepared for the hurry up, botching defensive substitutions and wasting timeouts, is inexcusable for a coach of Saban's caliber. Epic fail.
  • XXjcatmufasaXXXXjcatmufasaXX Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
    hindsight's 20/20 y'all.
  • loringloring Posts: 462Registered User Member
    @Chardo

Not really an epic fail. I'll grant you ramming it in from the 5 with 4 running plays would have been my thought.

It took a near perfect game from TAMU to win. They had ZERO turnovers. 'Bama coughed up the ball 3 times. They played well, just not perfect.

It's time to move on and hope someone knocks off two of the three undefeated teams clearing a path to the championship game.

Meantime, I'll be looking for those of you in Tuscaloosa next Saturday before the Western Carolina game.....
  • wvacupuncturewvacupuncture Posts: 146Registered User Junior Member
    Bama has a lot to play for...SEC Championship and you never know...two of these unbeatens will be defeated and Bama again for the National Championship just like last year...ROLL TIDE
  • malanaimalanai Posts: 2,159Registered User Senior Member
    I like your thinking, wvacupunture. It's a long shot, but I've suddenly become a huge fan of USC and Texas. :)

Alabama Football: How Nick Saban, Tide Can Still Make the BCS Title Game | Bleacher Report

Like everyone else I'm disappointed, but also proud of the team, whose efforts this season remind me of the following quote:
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

--Theodore Roosevelt

Roll Tide.
  • SouthlanderSouthlander Posts: 618Registered User Member
    On the preparation - who was it they played, either last year or earlier this year - that had the no-huddle offense? That didn't seem to throw the defense the way it did earlier. Defense did tire out, both mentally and physically. And our offense hasn't played as well-prepared and capable a defense as A & M.
    Glad I wasn't in the locker room after!
  • gnickellgnickell Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Missouri runs the no-huddle spread offense, but their quarterback has been playing through various injuries this year. The contrast between the two games provides a great example of the often expressed notion that if you are going to run a no-huddle spread offense, you must have a quarterback operating at a very high level. Really wish Johnny football had gone to Missouri!!! He looked like Robert Griffin when he was at Baylor.
  • tommykirkpatricktommykirkpatrick Posts: 543Registered User Member
    Manziel was originally committed to Oregon, but I guess he didn't want to split time with Marcus Mariota. Sometimes you just can't stop one guy.
  • GolfFatherGolfFather Posts: 1,519Registered User Senior Member
    ^^^^ Yup, I think they mentioned that during the Oregon-USC game.
    And that even Mariota had to wait on the bench until Darron Thomas left school.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 62,651Registered User Senior Member
    Gosh, I don't think I or the other regular posters on the Bama forum would think it appropriate to make such a thread on an opposing team's forum.