Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

2014-2015 Scholarship Information is Out!

NC MomNC Mom Posts: 793Registered User Member
edited August 2013 in University of Alabama
Exciting news for those of us who have been patiently waiting! The Presidential remains the same! Looks like a new scholarship was added for those with a 29 ACT. ROLL TIDE!

Out-of-State Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama
Post edited by NC Mom on

Replies to: 2014-2015 Scholarship Information is Out!

• EdjumacationEdjumacation Posts: 273Registered User Junior Member
    Wait, numbers are there. Why did they add numbers?
    Oh, so they are just clarifying what the tuition is valued at currently. NO VALUE OR REQ CHANGE!!!
  • ChicagoBearChicagoBear Posts: 578Registered User Member
    Glad to hear they didn't change the presidential or UA scholars awards! DD and two other girls will arrive on campus next week - the first from their large suburban Chicago HS to go to Bama in decades. There are a bunch of rising seniors at their school who heard them talk about Bama, the Honors college and the scholarships and are now extremely interested! Several are planning to visit DD and tour the campus. These kids are very good students looking at 30k+ to attend UIUC in-state.
  • NC MomNC Mom Posts: 793Registered User Member
    Yes, you can use the money for other expenses if you have tuition covered by some other source.
  • AlbionGirlAlbionGirl Posts: 216Registered User Junior Member
    ROLL TIDE!

Here we come.

Hit it Trace....

Ala-Freakin-Bama By Trace Adkins - YouTube
  • TXArchitectTXArchitect Posts: 1,562Registered User Senior Member
    NMF not updated...
  • SouthernLady1SouthernLady1 Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    Yay!!! I have been waiting for this info for a month! Visited Bama in July with son. We loved it!

Also - after stalking this site for months, finally decided to join. :)
  • TXArchitectTXArchitect Posts: 1,562Registered User Senior Member
    Welcome!!! After making 15 posts, you will be able to send PMs... Until then, please ask if you have any questions!
    This is such a relief. Just knowing that you can go to college is an amazing feeling.
  • Maryjay60Maryjay60 Posts: 219Registered User Junior Member
    Hmmm. I am wondering, since they did put a dollar value and did NOT say "at least", if that is a set amount and will not change if (when) tuition increases? The 2013-3014 had $ values on the set scholarships, but avoided stating values on Presidential and UA Scholar.
  • ChicagoBearChicagoBear Posts: 578Registered User Member
    The way I read it, the Capstone and Collegiate are stated as fixed dollar amounts and the new F-I-E, UA Scholar and Presidential are stated as 1/2, 2/3 and full tuition with current dollar amounts as examples.
    I think they are just clarifying what the fraction of tuition amounts to currently.
  • SouthernLady1SouthernLady1 Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    Thanks TXArchitect!!

I too am hoping the scholorships won't "go down" in value, if/when tuition goes up.
    The important thing is that they didn't change the requirements. I'm just above the ACT/SAT req's, so I was pretty worried there.
  • latteladylattelady Posts: 765Registered User Member
    NMF not updated...

Looks like it is not changing.