College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
First off, I really want to thank Mom2collegekids for recommending Alabama to me. I was a little hesitant at first but I am really excited now about attending.
Well now that I am in, I have some questions and I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me!
1. My MyBama account has not gotten any new tabs, even though I have gotten the official letter of acceptance. WHat should I do about this?
2. For the first year, should I have a car with me? Is it easier to just walk/take public transportation?
3. Is it ok cook occasionally in college the first year, even though you have a meal plan?
And I am curious about crock pots. Why are those allowed? I've never used one but I thought it was unsafe to leave food unattended.
4. Can you only access your Bama email through MyBama or is it possible to set up the account so I can get emails through my phone?
5. We plan on possibly visiting the campus sometime during winter break. What are some important things I should ask or make note of while I am there? Are there any places within a few hours from the campus that we should visit while we are there?
6. Holidays! What holidays will I be able to go home for?
7. Is everyone in the south really as friendly as I have been hearing? Because that whole "hospitality" thing isn't very common where I live haha!
8. Is it considered weird to buy/wear a lot of college gear and memorabilia when I am there?
9. What should I be doing right now up until next year to prepare me for going off to a college so far away?