College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
First off, I really want to thank Mom2collegekids for recommending Alabama to me. I was a little hesitant at first but I am really excited now about attending.
Well now that I am in, I have some questions and I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me!
1. My MyBama account has not gotten any new tabs, even though I have gotten the official letter of acceptance. WHat should I do about this?
2. For the first year, should I have a car with me? Is it easier to just walk/take public transportation?
3. Is it ok cook occasionally in college the first year, even though you have a meal plan?
And I am curious about crock pots. Why are those allowed? I've never used one but I thought it was unsafe to leave food unattended.
4. Can you only access your Bama email through MyBama or is it possible to set up the account so I can get emails through my phone?
5. We plan on possibly visiting the campus sometime during winter break. What are some important things I should ask or make note of while I am there? Are there any places within a few hours from the campus that we should visit while we are there?
6. Holidays! What holidays will I be able to go home for?
7. Is everyone in the south really as friendly as I have been hearing? Because that whole "hospitality" thing isn't very common where I live haha!
8. Is it considered weird to buy/wear a lot of college gear and memorabilia when I am there?
9. What should I be doing right now up until next year to prepare me for going off to a college so far away?