Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Roomate Finder

OG-JOG-J Posts: 74Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2010 in University of Alabama
Has anyone had success with this in the past? Should I find roommates first or focus on getting a room I'm comfortable with?
Post edited by OG-J on

Replies to: Roomate Finder

• PeachtidePeachtide Posts: 364Registered User Member
    My D has found one roommate this week already! She was contacted first by someone from the University housing site and then they continued their conversations on Facebook.

The best resource she has found is the Facebook group - University of Alabama Class of 2014. Click on the Discussions tab and there is a roommate thread where you can fill out a short survey of your likes/dislikes. You can then scan the list of prospective roommates fairly quickly looking for answers pertaining to Honors, plans to rush, habits, etc.

She is getting to know several girls through this site!

Good Luck!
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 62,366Registered User Senior Member
    The best resource she has found is the Facebook group - University of Alabama Class of 2014. Click on the Discussions tab and there is a roommate thread where you can fill out a short survey of your likes/dislikes. You can then scan the list of prospective roommates fairly quickly looking for answers pertaining to Honors, plans to rush, habits, etc.

Sounds like a great resource!
  • SEA_tideSEA_tide Posts: 3,657Registered User Senior Member
    I would do both at the same time. Start looking for roommates and find a room that you are comfortable with. I met two of my roommates from the facebook roommate finder and also talked with lots of other people I met through facebook. I suggest posting your info on the facebook roommate finder and messaging/friend requesting people you think would be good roommate or good friends. Chat with them for awhile and see how things go. As a reminder, tell the truth on roommate questionnaires so people have a better idea of who their potential roommate is.