Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to un-enroll?

Billy!Billy! Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
edited July 2010 in University of Alabama
Hi guys,
I'm not going to UA anymore and I'm trying to find a way to un-enroll from the school. When I called the school, they said I could un-enroll from my MyBama account, but I cannot find the option anywhere. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Billy! on

Replies to: How to un-enroll?

• dylandlimadylandlima Posts: 629Registered User Member
    Talk to the guidance counselor.
  • MontegutMontegut Posts: 5,917Registered User Senior Member
    Good luck, Billy! Sorry we won't see you next fall.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 63,215Registered User Senior Member
    Mybama
    Student tab
    Left column - Student Services
    Registration
    Withdraw from classes
  • 2011VAMom2011VAMom Posts: 216Registered User Junior Member
    where have you decided to enroll?
    I think he's going to NYU....

I think his parents have relented to take out Plus loans.
  • Billy!Billy! Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you for the information. Alabama is a fine institution.

And I am going to NYU because my family has a solid plan to pay for my education. I don't think of it in the negative sense of "relenting." We're making it work :)
    LOL...relenting isn't a negative word.
    Sorry, mom2collegekids, "relenting" to me has a negative connotation. It seems like you were saying my parents had to give into PLUS loans like it's a bad thing. Why even bring that up? I understand you weren't trying to offend me, but you could have explained your comment in a more mature manner beyond "LOL."
    Sorry that I somehow offended you. I only wrote what I did because in past posts you suggested that YOU were going to have to take out the large loans to go to NYU, but now your parents have relented (graciously changed their minds) and will be responsible for the loans.

relented: To become more lenient, compassionate, or forgiving.

Relented does not have a negative connotation.
    Thank you for explaining :) No offense taken. But a word's dictionary definition (denotation) is not the same as one's emotional attachment to the word (connotation). To relent also means to give in to pressure, and I associate that weakness. Plus I've spent months fretting over the loan situation with family, so it's kind of a sensitive subject for me. I hope you can at least understand where I'm coming from. I now understand that you meant my parents graciously changed their minds, and you couldn't be more correct! I apologize for the misunderstanding.
  • osdadosdad Posts: 521Registered User Member
    Just got back from watching DD get inducted into the Naval Academy.

So needless to say she wll not be attending Alabama. Thanks to all here for the help you've so graceously given.

Roll Tide - Beat Army !!!
    osdad...

Congrats that your D has been inducted into the Naval Academy!!!

Thankfully she made it through her sports season without an injury!!!
  • RobDRobD Posts: 5,061Registered User Senior Member
    OSDad: Congratulations & thank you to your D (and the rest of your family) for making sacrifices for our country. I can't imagine a better illustration of what the 4th of July means :)

D2s godfathers daughter is currently at "The Beast" (summer training) at West Point where she'll be enrolling (? not quite sure what the right term is.) I'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that that little girl I remember is old enough to be entering a military academy. But so proud too.
  • MontegutMontegut Posts: 5,917Registered User Senior Member
    OSdad and RobD, so proud of your family members entering the service academies. We will keep them in our prayers and thank them for the sacrifices they are making for our freedom.