Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can sophomore transfer students live on-campus?

Ericakate08Ericakate08 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited August 2010 in University of Alabama
I will be coming to UA next fall (2011) and I was really hoping to live on-campus my first year. Can I even live on campus? Preferably Tut. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Ericakate08 on

Replies to: Can sophomore transfer students live on-campus?

• PraetorPraetor Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    This may not be the case for next year, however:
    Transfer Students and Current UA Undergraduate Students

Due to the tremendous demand, we do not anticipate having on-campus housing for incoming transfer students or UA students not currently living in on-campus housing for Fall 2010.

There are numerous resources available to assist you as you look for housing in the Tuscaloosa community. HRC is sponsoring off-campus housing fairs in the Ferguson Student Union on June 11, June 18 and July 16 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Representatives from numerous off-campus properties will be on hand that day to provide information about their apartments and rental houses.

There are also several Web sites that will be useful resources to you, including Crimson Choice Home Page, http://housing.ua.edu/offcampus, and
    Apartments for Rent in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

I would keep an eye on this website: Student Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities and make contingency plans to live off campus since I highly doubt the situation will change with the growth at UA. Though, that is only a supposition on my part and may not be the case next year, so just keep an eye on it :)
  • Atlanta68Atlanta68 Posts: 1,021Registered User Senior Member
    I wonder if you might have a better chance at living on campus if you apply to be a Resident Hall Assistant? Not sure of the exact title of the position. Basically, the position I am thinking about requires you to live in a hall, and enforce the rules, etc. But contact UA Housing, and ask them.