Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UBC dual degree in music and science - worth it?

dga471dga471 Posts: 10Registered User New Member
I've read on UBC's website that it is possible to do a double degree in music as well as science together: - Dbl Maj, Dual Deg, Min.

As a person who's wishing to major in music composition and physics at the same time, this seems like a good program for me. However, the only catch is that it says it requires "six winter sessions" - I guess this means six years? Does anyone know whether it is possible to complete the program faster, and how many people are actually enrolled in it? Thank you.
Post edited by dga471 on

Replies to: UBC dual degree in music and science - worth it?

• ashesatduskashesatdusk Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    This takes a lot of planning. Canadians have to take more courses in their concentration than Americans. So a double major is more like the work needed to do a double major + minor at an American institution. You will have virtually no electives, and you may have to take an extra year, especially if classes conflict.