Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is there a limit to how many majors you can declare?

explodingtoenailexplodingtoenail Posts: 513Registered User Member
Can you declare 5?
Post edited by explodingtoenail on

Replies to: Is there a limit to how many majors you can declare?

• Waiting4CollegeWaiting4College Posts: 1,966Registered User Senior Member
    you went from triple to majoring to 5?\

are you a real human?

haha...why do you want to declare 5 majors? what is the point?
  • explodingtoenailexplodingtoenail Posts: 513Registered User Member
    I was just wondering if you could.
  • momophonymomophony Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
    Probably not humanly possible within the unit cap. Try plotting out all the requirements for all majors within a 9 semester plan & see what happens. Within 9 terms or 135.99 units in your penultimate term (plus as many as you like in your last term plus a summer beyond your last term) what you can do is up to you.
  • momophonymomophony Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
    Should have mentioned, subtract any college credit you did before HS graduation, including AP, IB or community college. After HS graduation your units will count toward the cap.
  • rider730rider730 Posts: 2,980Registered User Senior Member
    ^^ actually, AP credits do NOT count towards the cap but do count towards the requirements of the degree - one of the subtleties. That is, whereever you have a minimum level, you could in AP, but where you have a maximum/cap, they do NOT count. Thus, the unit cap is for all transferred in units for college coursework plus all units take at Cal.
    The unit cap only applies if you plan to graduate in more than 8 semesters, which is not what I plan on doing.
  • arduouspallorarduouspallor Posts: 1,106Registered User Senior Member
    You should do it. I wholeheartedly support you.
    Once I get to college I plan on double majoring in computer science and math. :D
  • rider730rider730 Posts: 2,980Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, you should take 26 to 32 units each semester, pile on as many majors as you can, and make sure you nail as many A+ as A grades while doing that.
  • demozdemoz Posts: 1,177Registered User Senior Member
    Math and computer science? That's only two majors. C'mon don't be a slacker. Cal dislike slackers.
    Oh no, better step my game up then. I'm gonna go for 17 majors. Wish me luck.
  • crowslayer91crowslayer91 Posts: 1,160Registered User Senior Member
    ^ can you even name 17 majors?
  • HootenanyHootenany Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
    hahaha. People like you make me laugh. I know that you don't understand it now, because you think that you are "special" and can handle more work than anyone else can. Enjoy being humbled. You don't know what I mean right now, but you will once you are a few weeks into your first semester.
    hahaha. People like you make me laugh. I know that you don't understand it now, because you think that you are "special" and can handle more work than anyone else can. Enjoy being humbled. You don't know what I mean right now, but you will once you are a few weeks into your first semester.

Hahaha. Try to actually read the thread.