Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

No credits for similar courses

xfer123xfer123 Posts: 203Registered User Junior Member
I was wondering for those courses that say "You will receive no credit after taking ____," do you get literally 0 units if you take that class and pass? Or can you not take it at all? Or do the units count towards the unit cap but just not for graduation?

For example for Stats2 and Stats20 it says if you took one you receive no credit for the other. So if I took Stats2, but need Stats20 for a pre-req, after I take Stats20 do I get 0 units for it or do I get 4 units towards my unit cap but not towards my required number of units to graduate?
Post edited by xfer123 on

Replies to: No credits for similar courses

• ForaminiferaForaminifera Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
    If I were you, I'd just waiver out of the requirement and avoid having to think too much about this =x
  • xfer123xfer123 Posts: 203Registered User Junior Member
    ^that's actually not the reason I'm asking. It's complicated but basically I want to be able to be a full time student for a semester but I dont want to gain more than 9 units.
  • Dam Its JohnnyDam Its Johnny Posts: 756Registered User Member
    I'm not 100% sure, but if it works like repeating a class that you passed. The grade will still show on your transcripts, but they wont add any units to your total.

How to Repeat a Course - Office Of The Registrar
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Posts: 32,005Registered User Senior Member
    You will be in your 8th or later semester (4th or later after transfer) with 121 units (other than deductible units) in L&S, but will not be able to fulfill all of your other graduation requirements in that semester?

You may want to verify with L&S whether the unit ceiling applies to units completed or attempted.