Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Dual Major In Berkeley (URGENT!!!)

quantummania128quantummania128 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
Hi all, I am a freshman in EECS and I wanted to get some information or advice from those that have experience on Dual Majoring in Berkeley (specifically EECS+ sth.).

My first question is : I want to dual major in EECS+BIOE. So I could really appreciate advice on choosing/distributing the appropriate classes for freshman and sophomore years.

My second question is: They say i should talk to my ESS adviser to Dual Major after completing 1or 2 semesters < don't you think this is a little late because i will miss one good semester to take the required classes for both depts.

My third question is : Do you recommend dual majoring in 8 semesters or do you think i should extend the time to 9 semesters to include some research etc.

My fourth question is : If you don't recommend dual majoring in these depts. Do you think minoring be satisfactory for future job opportunities etc.

I thank you all in advance for your help :)
Post edited by quantummania128 on

Replies to: Dual Major In Berkeley (URGENT!!!)