Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to get to pier 39 from campus?

unlimitedxunlimitedx Posts: 3,007Registered User Senior Member
Take BART from center shattuck then........

thanks! i didn't even go to pier 39 at all the last year, since I've been there so many times when I was a kid...
Post edited by unlimitedx on

Replies to: How to get to pier 39 from campus?

• eiffelguy87eiffelguy87 Posts: 2,268Registered User Senior Member
    Take Downtown Berkeley Bart to Embarcedero. From the BART Embarcedero, walk to pier 39.

This is one way to do it.
  • unlimitedxunlimitedx Posts: 3,007Registered User Senior Member
    how far is the walk?
  • Matt30Matt30 Posts: 1,091Registered User Senior Member
    or take the F train from the Embarcedero station to the pier.

I'd say it's a good 2-3 mile walk.
  • sublimishedsublimished Posts: 133Registered User Junior Member
    isnt it pretty far? u can take a street car i know
    It seems further because of the hills. You'll need the energy to nav through the sea of people at the pier. Great sea food though.
    We walked from Pier 39 to the Embacredero BART and it took us about 15-20 minutes. It's 1.8 miles, to be exact and it's not that bad. It's kind of enjoyable actually.

But yes, you can take the F line there (but that costs money). And 1.8 miles doesn't bother my friends or myself.
  • unlimitedxunlimitedx Posts: 3,007Registered User Senior Member
    ok 20 minutes isn't too bad, thanks so much!
    or you can get in through the back doors without paying....but thats cheating the system.
  • winterpolariswinterpolaris Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
    Trip Planner, for future references. :)
  • fermatfermat Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    It's a long walk! I would take the F line (it's a street car) from Embarcadero. The adult MUNI fair is $1.50. You will need exact change and don't forget to ask for a transfer when you get onboard.
    You get used to walking when you come to Berkeley. And that 1.8 miles is not far at all...it's quite enjoyable. Now, if you're alone at night, maybe then that's a different story. But I'm usually with friends and it's fun to just chat while you walk.
  • CA2006CA2006 Posts: 863Registered User Member
    Winterpolis, thanks for the tripplanner.
  • winterpolariswinterpolaris Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
    My friends and I actually pay the discounted fare when we take the F line, even though it's supposedly for 17 and under/65 and over. Oh well.

No problem. The trip planner is a really good tool. It covers pretty much most of the Bay Area, as far north as Marin, east as Solano, and south as San Jose/Santa Clara.
  • CalXCalX Posts: 1,001Registered User Senior Member
    Best and easiest is to bike and BART. you can take your bike on BART anytime except rush hours. From embarcadero, it's a nice quick bike ride along the water to all the piers.
  • CalXCalX Posts: 1,001Registered User Senior Member
    oh and there is a whole lot to see and do in SF besides Pier 39, which is more or less a tourist trap. Granted, the touristy things in SF (cable cars, the piers, chinatown,...) are great for new visitors but you should check out North Beach, Russian Hills and the many commercial strips (16th&Valencia/Mission, Hayes Valley, North Beach, SOMA, Chestnut/Union/the Marina, the Haight, Cole Valley, Clement Street/Richmond District,...