Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Berkeley OHP (2008)

iVinsheiVinshe Registered User Posts: 446 Member
Has anyone done the OHP program they offer? If so, can you give your thoughts, opinions, etc. on it? I'm considering whether to try it.

Also, if any 08/12'ers plan to do it, what day are you staying?
Post edited by iVinshe on

Replies to: Berkeley OHP (2008)

• jarjarfrankjarjarfrank Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    hmm i would like to do it. is there a website giving more details/info on it?
  • KnowItAllKnowItAll Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    There are lot's of programs called OHP (or something similar). You're probably talking about the one for Regents and Chancellors Scholars.
  • quirkilyquirkily Registered User Posts: 1,061 Senior Member
    i had a great time at ohp myself. a bunch of kids from my high school (including two of my best friends) were there the same night that i was, so we spent a lot of time hanging out together that night. it was just a really nice way to take a break from school and have some fun (we went bowling in albany, then stayed up and talked for a while).
    i do think, however, that my experience was good largely because i knew so many other people there. i'm inclined to think that it might be less enjoyable for someone completely unfamiliar with the place, but i'd still recommend it, especially if you haven't visited the campus before. the tour is a little lame, but it's nice seeing the school from a more college-like perspective (instead of a visiting high-schooler).
  • callacalla Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    im going on april 11th.
  • jscgjscg Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    i do think, however, that my experience was good largely because i knew so many other people there. i'm inclined to think that it might be less enjoyable for someone completely unfamiliar with the place,

I had a great time and I knew not a single person who was there before I got there nor was I at all familiar with the campus. My OHP was when I first started to really love Berkeley; it's an awesome experience and, like you said, an incredibly nice break from Senior year.

The website is: UC Berkeley Regents' & Chancellor's Scholars Association

I would really encourage everyone who can to do OHP!
  • G3N3515G3N3515 Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    I rsvped for march third

has anyone recieved an email saying that they have recieved your waiver form?
This discussion has been closed.