Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Why all the coed bathrooms?

groovygrrlxoxogroovygrrlxoxo Posts: 121Registered User Junior Member
I have looked on thge housing site for Cal and noticed that all of the bathrooms are coed. This seems really strange to me. Any Cal people want to comment????
Post edited by groovygrrlxoxo on

Replies to: Why all the coed bathrooms?

• dmcwhiz123dmcwhiz123 Posts: 349Registered User Member
    whats wrong with coed bathrooms?? (thats my comment)
  • groovygrrlxoxogroovygrrlxoxo Posts: 121Registered User Junior Member
    I just don't understand why there are coed bathrooms. So I am showering next to some guy in the next stall like some barnyard animal? Please explain this to me. Was Berkeley in such a financial rut that they could not have Girls bathrooms and Boys bathrooms?
  • West SideeWest Sidee Posts: 413. Member
    ^ Not all dorms have coed bathrooms. They have all girl and all guy floors too, you just have to request this. This was the policy when I was in school.

I lived in a co-ed floor. One of the worst experiences of my life was seeing this really cute blond girl take a dump next to me in a stall, and she farted and made really disgusting noises. I don't have any sisters, so this was quite a shock to me... because I didn't know women did that.
  • UCLAriUCLAri Posts: 14,728Super Moderator Senior Member
    I just don't understand why there are coed bathrooms. So I am showering next to some guy in the next stall like some barnyard animal? Please explain this to me. Was Berkeley in such a financial rut that they could not have Girls bathrooms and Boys bathrooms?

Wow, princess, hoity-toity much?
  • Sean11Sean11 Posts: 282Registered User Junior Member
    LOL ....man that was a funny comment .....yea that might be awkward....but WE ARE ALL HUMAN !
    Haha....not hoity-toity, just wondering why there isnt segregation for that, like there is an practically every other dorm in America.
    If I'm not mistaken, it was a student enacted policy. Remember, you are going to a very progressive and "liberal" university. Some of these new ideas may shock and even frighten you.

I still remember my girlfriend's cousin the first time she saw someone smokin' a blunt at Cal. "Oh my GOD!! He's doing...drugs!"

Good luck guys, and remember: your crap ALL stinks.
    ^ Berkeley is Berkeley. You can request all guys or all girls dorms. Or you can request co-ed dorms. Personally, I lived across these totally feminism girls that didn't shave their legs. One time, I found them drunk and passed out in the lobby, and I helped carry them to their rooms and tucked them into bed. The entire time they felt safe and they totally thanked me the next day... guys who take advantage of drunk girls are uber gay. No one forces you to be something. Many girls come to Berkeley and remain virgins throughout college. There is a balance to everything.
    What? Virgins in college? Cease your lies, young sir! Shouldn't you tell them about the required orgy prereq for psych 14?

Sigh...what Berkeley students don't tell new Bears...
    ^ Yeah. Its true. I guess you just aren't a "versatile" type of guy to be able to mingle wit all types of girls. As is obvious by your comment.
    I love filling young freshmen's heads full of (dis)information.

The best part is telling them about the grisly murders at various dorms.
    And is that a compliment, or an insult, or both? :)
    ^ I really think its time for you to start promoting the California Ivies in Washington DC. Start putting in some real work for your school.
    But what is really the purpose of coed bathrooms? Plus, are there any other little "liberal" things particular to Berkeley that I should know about?
    .....and trust me, the drugs don't bother me at all.