Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Rejected From UCLA...Do I still have a chance for Berkeley?

bamfbamf Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
Hey I just found out I was rejected from UCLA, does this automatically mean I won't get into
Berkeley?

Stats:
UC GPA 3.9
SAT: 2320
OOS
Post edited by bamf on

Replies to: Rejected From UCLA...Do I still have a chance for Berkeley?

• fortifyfortify Posts: 1,161Registered User Senior Member
    What do you think?
  • mathboy98mathboy98 Posts: 3,752Registered User Senior Member
    You have good stats. I'm not sure if the rumors are true, but I think Berkeley is more explicitly stats-based.
  • fortifyfortify Posts: 1,161Registered User Senior Member
    You have a chance but your gpa is kinda low
  • missionewokzzzmissionewokzzz Posts: 343Registered User Member
    whoa. I had a lower UC GPA than you, exact same SAT, and I got into UCLA. And I thot they were easier on OOS kids this year.
  • bamfbamf Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    yeah its pretty depressing because I applied to UCLA for the hell of it when Berkeley is where i actually want to go.

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about my chances right now, but when it comes down to it my chances were always fairly slim. I applied to a lot of other great schools so I'm sure I will still end up somewhere I like regardless, but deep down I'm still holding out for berkeley
  • jbtheeunknownjbtheeunknown Posts: 797Registered User Member
    I had a higher GPA than you, but a lower SAT score. CA resident. I applied to Berkeley for the hell of it and UCLA was my dream school. Didn't get into UCLA but got into Berkeley.
  • heytherekheytherek Posts: 82Registered User Junior Member
    uc gpa 4.5 with decent sats: 2040. I had friends who got in with much loswer sat scores than me. I guess its really just unpredictable. Ima just cross my fingers for Cal..try not to lose hope
  • thisgirlisaGthisgirlisaG Posts: 1,338- Member
    "but I think Berkeley is more explicitly stats-based"

well, i guess i'm doomed -_-
  • LeftistHominidLeftistHominid Posts: 3,802Registered User Senior Member
    it looks like it is time to go onto the UCLA forum and defend Cal, now that their admissions are out
  • mathboy98mathboy98 Posts: 3,752Registered User Senior Member
    Oh I forgot high school weighted GPAs! Well a 3.9 is definitely not way shooting up there...might have to take back my words there, I thought this was unweighted.
  • anonymousernameanonymousername Posts: 851Registered User Member
    gotta get those ECs up....this ain't no game...this here is lyfe

with a "y"
  • limabean22limabean22 Posts: 119Registered User Junior Member
    I am also a UCLA reject (as of a few hours ago). Are chances at Berkeley better or worse?
  • spacedogspacedog Posts: 307Registered User Member
    ^ As far as I know, UCs' decisions aren't influenced by what other UCs decide. Lots of kids rejected from UCLA might get rejected from Cal mostly because their standards are both very high and somewhat inconsistent. But you can get into one without getting into the other.
  • italmomitalmom Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    Last year at my D's high school it seemed Berkeley was easier to get into than UCLA. I base this on the number of kids who got in at each school. It may also be because the school is less than 5 miles from Berkeley...who know's it really seems so random.
    Good luck to all the UCLA rejects...i hope you get into CAL!
  • APOLAPOL Posts: 1,766Registered User Senior Member
    My understanding is that admissions review by CAL, and UCLA are holistic, as so many of the applicants are 4.0 UW, and there is not enough room for even those applicants. So...while you did not get accepted to UCLA, you still have a good chance on getting accepted to CAL. G'Luck!