Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

how does the mail work for the units?

elgooelgoo Posts: 28Registered User New Member
I'm in unit 3 so this is an example address...

2400 Durant Ave #"1234"
Berkeley, CA 94720-"1234"
United States

is 1234 a personal mailbox number or is it shared with other people?
Post edited by elgoo on

Replies to: how does the mail work for the units?

• geminihopgeminihop Posts: 606Registered User Member
    this is what whoaaitzkyle said in another thread:
    Name
    2650 Durant Ave
    Hall Name Rm #1234
    Berkeley , Ca 94720-1234

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=88442
  • elgooelgoo Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    oh noooo. I made the same mistake as you and didn't put the res hall, I just copied the bearfacts address just like it is. I hope it still comes to me!

edit: wait... by Res hall Rm.. you mean something like "Someplace Hall 000"? or "Someplace Hall"?

why isn't this addressed ANYWHERE? :(
  • hwtfhwtf Posts: 282Registered User Junior Member
    your name here
    ch603
    2650 durant ave
    berkeley, ca 94720
  • eudeaneudean Posts: 578Registered User Member
    elgoo relax, if you copied the Bearfacts address I'm sure it'll be fine.
    does that mean as long as you have the Resident Hall name and your room number you're ok, eudean?
    I ask this because I'm worried that my books I ordered will be lost in the abyss...considering the fact the only thing they have for my mailing address is the following:

Name
    2650 Durant Ave #1234
    Berkeley , Ca 94720-1234

Do you think it will at least get to unit 1? :confused:
    I don't know, I didn't live in the units. But if the address of Unit 1 is 2650 Durant Ave., and your room number is #1234, then I have to assume the package goes to Unit 1 #1234's mailbox. I doubt they duplicate numbers for different buildings.

For example, in Foothill, I used the following:

Eudean Sun
    F3-3B33C
    Berkeley, CA, etc.

F3 = Building 3
    3B33C = My room

However, there was no other 3B33C for any other building. That was extraneous. I don't think the mailperson even handles which box it goes into. They deliver the mail to the unit, and people that work at the units put the mail into the boxes (at least that's what Foothill was like: mail went to the main office and you could see students wheeling it into the mail room).

So, in conclusion, if you put Unit 1's address down and your room number, you'll probably get your package.
  • BTBAMBTBAM Posts: 42Registered User Junior Member
    I did it like this all last year and it worked fine (Priestly Hall, Unit 3, Room #703):

My_Name_Here
    2400 Durant Ave
    Priestly Hall #703
    Berkeley, CA, 94720
    #1234 isn't my room number so there's no hall or room number in there. I guess I'll have to talk to the unit 3 main office people right.
    Thanks, eudean. It has my name on it so I figure I'll be ok with it going to Unit 1. I will cover all my bases next time and in the format BTBAM posted. Thanks for the reassurance. :)

same here, elgoo, I will be hounding the Unit 1 mail when I get there as well.
  • Danny 2Danny 2 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    RM C8-212 KERR EAST
    2601 WARRING STREET #2288
    BERKELEY , CA 94720-2288

thats, me, what the hell, is C8-212

If 212 is my room number, what the hell is #2288 ?

sorry to drag this on but im buying books online today, better safe than sorry i guess
    Hmmm, I don't know. I really don't know much about the units, so I can't say for sure. C8-212 must be the room number since it says RM in front of it, but I don't know why the address has #2288 next to it. Must be a building number or something.
  • lawlaw Posts: 105Registered User Junior Member
    i think those four numbers correspond to some sort of PO Box (i'm guessing your mail goes to this box?) because they're the last four numbers of you're zip code. normally those four numbers are the PO Box # (i know from sending in lots of rebates)
  • gsp_silicon_valleygsp_silicon_valley Posts: 1,542Registered User Senior Member
    RM C8-212 KERR EAST
    2601 WARRING STREET #2288
    BERKELEY , CA 94720-2288

Danny, C8-212 probably means that you are in Building 8, Room 212. The Clark Kerr campus has about 25 different buildings. Not all of them are residential though. The 2288 is just your mailbox number.

http://www.reshall.berkeley.edu/academics/clarkkerr/ckc_map.jpg
    so to have the question answered,

is it or isn't it enough to only have the street address of the unit and the "mailbox number"?