Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transferring Out

ReDeviLeesReDeviLees Posts: 3Registered User New Member
If I want to transfer out from UC Davis to other universities (uc or non-uc), where should I seek for the help and information? There are reasons I want to transfer out; I want to have an option of transferring out.

thnx!
Post edited by ReDeviLees on

Replies to: Transferring Out

• collegemom16collegemom16 Posts: 4,257Registered User Senior Member
    You will need to determine where it is you want to go and then find out their individual transfer requirements. I suggest you identify some schools and then consult with their web-sites.
  • nate calinate cali Posts: 371Registered User Member
    If you want to transfer to the CSU system, there is no need to consult with anybody. They take EVERYBODY.
  • bandislifebandislife Posts: 189Registered User Junior Member
    Well if you want your units to still count I think it would probably be a good idea to consult with someone.
    If you want to transfer to the CSU system, there is no need to consult with anybody. They take EVERYBODY.

with the exception of Cal Poly
  • ReDeviLeesReDeviLees Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    so i assume there is no actual faculties helping me transferring out in UC Davis?
    There is no such thing as transferring out of UC Davis, or any school for that matter. YOU JUST LEAVE. What is UC Davis going to do, help you transfer to another school? Uhhhhhhh......... NO.

Like collegemom16 said, what you should be concerned about is contacting the school that you want to head to next and find out the procedures of getting into said school, including the transfer of any completed units if applicable, etc.

If you are not a successful UCD student with grades to show for it, then tough luck getting into another UC, except maybe UCR and UCM.
    Bingo collegemom16, this guy should be asking "how to transfer to..... (fill in the blank school)", not "how to transfer out of UC Davis". They won't even care. However, they will assist you in helping you withdraw from the school. It's rather easy to do.

At UCD, you can officially withdraw by turning in a form at the Admissions office and then stop attending classes. Then contact the other school's admissions office to find out what you need to do and when to apply for admissions.

If you have anymore questions, ask.
  • UC DavisUC Davis Posts: 1,196College Rep Senior Member
    ^ Obtain the withdraw form and submit it to the Office of the University Registrar. Please see http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/UCDWebCatalog/academicinfo/leaving.html for more information. There isn't much support on the campus to help you transfer to another university; not because we want to trap you here but because we do not know the policies and procedures of other campuses. You always need to work with the campus you want to transfer to for the support and information you need to transfer.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    If you're trying to transfer to another UC for a junior year transfer, try to complete your GEs/breath requirements (as per UC Reciprocity). You'd have to contact other colleges for admission details however.
  • ReDeviLeesReDeviLees Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    GE for graduate or GE for major?
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    GE's for major, IIRC. I think I took 3 ArtsHumanities/3 SocialScience/3 Writing/1 Cultural Diversity. But try to double check with the UC you're interested in.