Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Difficulty of Double Major @ Davis?

hermanliu320hermanliu320 Posts: 251Registered User Junior Member
Is it really tough to do a double major at Davis? I was thinking about doing Economics and Genetics... Would that be really tough? They're not those crazy crazy majors.. so yeah.. :D any inputs would be helpful:) thanks :D
Post edited by hermanliu320 on

Replies to: Difficulty of Double Major @ Davis?

• marzxbarzmarzxbarz Posts: 320Registered User Member
    Double majoring is not difficult if you can focus yourself into it. The first step is to realize that you're double-majoring early into the game. Speak with advisers to see what classes you should be taking every quarter (there's summer school as well to catch up/get ahead).

Econ is pretty simple since there aren't that many classes you need to take. Genetics may be pretty difficult, so make sure you can handle taking science and econ classes together.
  • eightonesixeightonesix Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
    Hey. Im a current at UCD so here's my schpeal.

It usually isn't difficult to double major in two things at UCD, but there are some restrictions/limitations. Econ & Genetics are 2 totally dif majors which would require totally different pre-reqs/requirements (even though a few would overlap like calculus). If you are really interested, I would recommend you seeing an advisor from both colleges.
  • xcrunner1478xcrunner1478 Posts: 260Registered User Junior Member
    yeah i was hopin to double major in some kind of bio and history