Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

UCSB vs. SDSU

coronado18sdcoronado18sd Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
Where would you go, and why???
Post edited by coronado18sd on

Replies to: UCSB vs. SDSU

• i am NIECK i ami am NIECK i am Posts: 449Registered User Member
    it depends on what you're looking for. I would chose sdsu because of the big city and networking opportunities. if i wanted the college town i'd go with ucsb. if you're going for the parties.. either one. haha.
  • ab_medab_med Posts: 465Registered User Member
    UCSB for sure...Cal States do not even compare to the quality of UC's....not even close.
  • wrathletikwrathletik Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
    UCSB>>>>>sdsu
  • KylefcKylefc Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    You can't compare UCSB and SDSU. You can't. SDSU is a fourth tier university, and everyone looks at it like a joke. "State" students are almost laughed at. UCSB is a top 50 university (or close to it) in the country. Also, at UCSB you can see the ocean from dorm rooms. Don't pick SDSU, or any other state school (besides SLO) over UCSB.
  • savedbythebell7savedbythebell7 Posts: 394Registered User Member
    SDSU if you're going into Business. Otherwise UCSB. Yes SDSU makes those UCSD kids giggle. Kyle, I noticed you were a transfer student...did all your fellow community college students look at SDSU as a joke, or maybe it was your "friends" on the internet who were eagerly awaiting those US NEWS reports to come out, and use US news as bathroom reading material. But that's neither here nor there. I would choose UCSB for most subjects, aside from Business.
  • College!*!College!*! Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    Kylefc --- Is SDSU really that bad, I thought it seemed like an okay place?

I also noticed how you go to UCSD....Is UCSD nice? And is the social life as bad as everyone says?
  • Surfer_DudeSurfer_Dude Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    kyle all i can say is that your post was one of the most ignorant things i have read on this forum
    I don't understand how SDSU can still be considered a fourth tier university, when it has around a 30-40 percent acceptance rate and around 60,000 applicants.
    also look at yourself before you say state school kids are laughed at, mr. community college
    college!*! kyle won't be able to answer that question of yours, he's never exactly step foot inside of a UCSD classroom. Next time I would recommend only asking informed people questions, that will limit the spread of ignorance to all.
  • College!*!College!*! Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    Yah I didn't think SDSU was as bad as people say. I always think of it as a top 100 school and better than UCR.

I know SDSU has a great business program, but what are some of its other strengths. I was thinking of majoring in business or psychology so would SDSU be good in psychology aswell?
    sdsu is the second best csu after cal poly slo, and better than ucr definately.

I cant say much about the schools other academic programs though because im not going there, but it is really good
  • OyamaOyama Posts: 2,486Registered User Senior Member
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=183765

Read up on that for a discussion about SDSU vs UCR
  • GoldenBear10GoldenBear10 Posts: 296Registered User Junior Member
    UCSB is ranked #45 in the first tier....SDSU is in the fourth tier. The decision is obvious
    Well Gee Golden Bear, thanks for the great input. . .