Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Credits needed to graduate at UCI?

JLee92JLee92 Posts: 113Registered User Junior Member
So I'm most likely going to UCI as class of 2015, and wanted to know how many credits are needed to graduate under 1 major, and how many are needed to graduate under 2 majors.

Since I have potentially 44-48 credits (20-24 of which are electives), then i was wondering how many semesters that would possibly cover.

P.s. How's the chemistry major here? Did anybody go through the chem program here? I'm curious as to what it is like.
Post edited by JLee92 on

Replies to: Credits needed to graduate at UCI?

• junshikjunshik Posts: 1,888Registered User Senior Member
    Ok so you need 180 units to graduate. 60 units from GE's, 60 units from MAJOR, and 60 from electives.

Since we are on a quarter system, 44-48 credits equates to approximately 1 year of classes.

No clue on the chem program.
  • JLee92JLee92 Posts: 113Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks for the info!

I'm curious, but for double majors, do the 120 total units from electives and GE's stack? So if I were to double major, I'd technically just need to do an additional 60 units of sad major? Or am I off?