Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Campus Village Internet Speeds?

GamerKingFaizGamerKingFaiz Posts: 161Registered User Junior Member
I'm going to be living in CV this upcoming year and was just curious what kinda speeds I can expect.

I see that they're ISP is ResNet, so does that mean I'm going to be getting the 2 mbps that I got living at Mesa last year?
Post edited by GamerKingFaiz on

Replies to: Campus Village Internet Speeds?

• yahoowizardyahoowizard Posts: 301Registered User Member
    As far as I heard, yes. Then again, there is the science library like, 10 feet away, and not sure how fast the internet in the study rooms is.
  • GamerKingFaizGamerKingFaiz Posts: 161Registered User Junior Member
    I really hope they get faster internet...

I just got FiOS (15/5) at home (coming from DSL - 768/128) and I'm loving this speed. I'm gonna hate having to back to ResNet speeds... =X
    Yeahh x.x Just go sit at like, the student center or somewhere else then, I guess, since browsing speed isn't that slow even with ResNet speeds, it's mostly only like, downloading files and such.
    Well, sure for internet surfing the speeds are fine. But I download files and I like to do it from my residence, not at the student center, haha.
    Yeah, it's retarded >.> Other UC's have super fast internet all over and FTP servers within their universities to share movies/music/other files, too. Maybe we already have one, but not as far as what I've heard.
    Okay, so I was very surprised to move into my CV apartment and be getting these speeds:

Wired:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1489771279.png

Wireless:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1489805434.png

Streaming a 1080p movie on YouTube (wired):
    [url]http://i.****/6lmjY.png[/url]

So yeah, these speeds are much better than the Mesa Court speeds, and I'm incredibly happy, haha!
    Holy ****. Was that inside the apartment itself, since that is pretty magical. I guess my friend might be messing something up then with the internet. Oh well, I'll find out today anyway, when I get there.
    Yes, yes, it is sir. I was completely blown away too. I am very happy with these speeds, hah!
    Alright, I'm here, this is awesome. Haha, super fast internet speeds ftw
  • phamousphamous Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    I lived in CV for the past two years, and was very happy with their speeds =) Now i'm living off campus and am paying for slower speed :S hahah
  • lunidudlunidud Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    here is my speedtest (wireless in residence) http://www.speedtest.net/result/1500213969.png for browing you'll be fine however for downloading and skype calls its TERRIBLE esp since they try to block downloads.
    For skype (call AND video) and for livestream the lag was around 5 whole seconds. that's pretty bad if you're trying to do realtime activities
    Really? I've been able to play multiplayer games on my 360 completely fine, as well as voice chat.
    Should try Skype'ing at a place with faster internet, like the Student Center or Science Library. Fun stuff.