Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Psychology major, and dental school?

impeterleimpeterle Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Hey guys, I'm planning to attend UCI this year under the social sciences, undeclared major. My goal is to stay in California, and go onto a dental school such as UCLA, or UCSF after my undergraduate studies. It seems that most people who go on to dental school are Biology and Chemistry majors, because they cover the pre-requisites courses for dental school as well. However, I heard that these majors at UCI are overwhelmingly competitive and rigorous, and I'm fearing the risk of having a low GPA if I were to go into the Biology major, considering the fact that I have no interest in it whatsoever. Would it be a good resort to go into a major that is perhaps not as rigorous, such as Psychology, and take the pre-requisite classes for dental school outside of my major? My reasoning is that I would be able to earn a better GPA, and actually study something that I am interested in. What do you guys think? Is this totally of of the norm? Thanks.
Post edited by impeterle on

Replies to: Psychology major, and dental school?