Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Impacted engineering majors at UCLA

synergy39393939synergy39393939 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
What are tge impacted engineering majors?? I know that bioengineering is impacted but what others? Also wgat are the relatively non-impacted majors? I heard someone saying that materials engineering is the weakest as it is the smallest department.

Also what are the impacted majors in College of Letters and Science?
Post edited by synergy39393939 on

Replies to: Impacted engineering majors at UCLA

• bravosixbravosix Posts: 60Registered User Junior Member
    Depends on which year. Mechanical and aerospace engineering was impacted for Fall 10 and Fall 11 enrolled classes because a relatively large number of students applied for that major during that season, hence the 3.5 prep class GPA requirement.

Usually the impacted majors are bioengineering, computer science, and mechanical engineering. Pretty much the major with the most students. That's what people told me.

Also, students currently in engineering trying to change to another engineering major are considered equally as students not in engineering. So trying to get into a "weaker" (not really the correct term) engineering major and then trying to change to a popular engineering major will do you no good.