Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

[Class] Question about Professor for Math 31A, 31B, + Lecture overlap

toddlf823toddlf823 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
Dear fellow UCLAs
First of all, thank you for entering my thread and willing to help me out.
I will be a new UCLA student this September and major in Economics.
I learned that I will have to take both Math 31A and 31B, and not sure which professor should I choose.
Like other freshmen, grade is important, and I am not good at math so I really need help with choosing easy professors for 31A and 31B

For 31A, there are
ANTUNOVIC, T
KIM, C.
THE STAFF
RENFREW, D.T.
TA / RADKO, O.V.

For 31B, there are
THE STAFF
THE STAFF
ASCHENBRENNER, M.J
VAN KOTEN, B.

Please help me... Also I realize that two lectures for econ 1 and Japanese exactly overlap each other. Am I still possible to take both classes? I don't know what should I do...

Thank you for your help!
Post edited by toddlf823 on

Replies to: [Class] Question about Professor for Math 31A, 31B, + Lecture overlap

• hakuexhakuex Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    Bruinwalk, look at all those comments and ratings! zzz
  • toddlf823toddlf823 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Thank you!
    Do you know anything about second question???
  • UC-DreamsUC-Dreams Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
    Yes you can still take both. Just make sure exams/quizzes/in-class assignments don't overlap.
  • NotTreeNotTree Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    You won't be allowed to enroll in a class if another has a conflicting lecture or final exam. For discussions it is allowed, however.

As for math, those classes are standardized and approximately the top 25% of the class will always receive some grade in the A range and the next 25% will be in the B range.
  • phospholipasephospholipase Posts: 497Registered User Member
    You are allowed to enroll in overlapping lectures, you just check a box overriding the conflict when a notice shows up on URSA enrollment.