Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

campus buddy

moldaumoldau Registered User Posts: 1,375 Senior Member
Wow that campusbuddy website is ********.

I looked at 104AL grades and it said there were no C minuses, that in 102A everyone got Bs or higher.

HAHAHAHAHA

If only Drake was so nice.
Post edited by moldau on

Replies to: campus buddy

• namastenamaste Registered User Posts: 3,027 Senior Member
    i found it pretty much useless too
  • BoelterHallBoelterHall Registered User Posts: 2,929 Senior Member
    What is it run by? Students?
  • moldaumoldau Registered User Posts: 1,375 Senior Member
    no idea but I know what my friends got in those classes.

someone invited me on fb. but it's all fake :(
    I don't know, but the average GPAs seem accurate (or somewhat plausible) to me. As for engineering, I don't think the rumored average GPA is 2.8. I think that's too low.

It may be lower for EE, but I think that the average GPA for engineering is between 3.0-3.125. You have to not try to get something lower than 3, in my opinion.
  • DeucesDeuces Registered User Posts: 1,501 Senior Member
    Supposedly you can check grades on courses offered the past two years thru URSA.
  • jessy12jessy12 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    really, how?
  • uclaceeuclacee Registered User Posts: 421 Member
    boelter wrote:
    As for engineering, I don't think the rumored average GPA is 2.8. I think that's too low.
    Whoa!!! I was expected you to say that 2.8 was HIGHER than what it really is! So then, not all engineering courses (or not upper division ones, at least) are curved?
    (I'm an incoming freshman in civil eng.)
  • DeucesDeuces Registered User Posts: 1,501 Senior Member
    @uclacee I believe you mean to say they are curved, thus saving you from a fate of 40% grades.
    I believe grades earned in UCLA Engineering (with exception of ChE) are more lenient than some other schools (Purdue, GT, etc.) At those locations, I think it is more reasonable to see a 2.6-2.8 average.
  • eptar32eptar32 Registered User Posts: 440 Member
    do you need to pay to look at grade distributions now? doesn't that seem unethical, i mean grade reports should be open to all, not just a select few, unfair advantage
  • GrassBanditGrassBandit Registered User Posts: 663 Member
    grade distribution can be seen on MyUcla if the professor posts the grades on there. For EE, we have eeweb where they show us the grade distribution and our class rank as the quarter progresses. Some people find it depressing to look at. A constant reminder of how badly you're doing..

for a minute, i thought moldau was back :(
  • TrekforeverTrekforever Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    ugh, we got to stop reviving old threads like this ... too confusing. But at least you searched, haha...
    Anyways, campus buddy is run and reviewed by students. Similar to the grade distributions you see on bruinwalk.
    Like what GrassBandit said, you can check grade distributions on MyUcla IF the professor chooses to post them. Some professors also post grade distributions for the previous quarters on their course websites. I sometime use Student Dude (UCLA - University of California, Los Angeles - Rate Professors and review teachers - Studentdude.com) too, they show the average GPA and grade distributions for each class, but they too are somewhat unreliable.
  • uclaceeuclacee Registered User Posts: 421 Member
    thanks! But curving means that a certain proportion are given failing grades, right?
  • NitNit Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    IIRC some professors that curve have a minimum pass mark meaning that as long you get over some percentage you will not fail.
  • GotlactoseGotlactose Registered User Posts: 370 Member
    Speaking of curves, do any professors...curve down? By some miracle everyone else fails and you get a 100, statistically speaking the bell curve would work against you.