Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Political Science at UCLA

poliscimajor123poliscimajor123 Posts: 15Registered User New Member
Hello everyone, I'm considering transferring to UCLA as a political science major. I was wondering how difficult/competetive that major is at UCLA. I am also considering UCSD but I have heard that they are very difficult in political science.
Post edited by poliscimajor123 on

Replies to: Political Science at UCLA

• UCLA77UCLA77 Posts: 656Registered User Member
    Back in the '70's, that was the major for the lawyer-to-be set. My husband graduated in '77 in political science and it wasn't at all difficult or competitive. Don't think it is now, either -- after all, it IS north campus! I took a number of poli sci classes because I was interested in the subject, and if you like to read and like to think, it's pretty easy. With one caveat: you really need to know where the prof's head is at (as we used to say), that's key, and argue his/her raison d'etre to do well.
  • nikkei325inikkei325i Posts: 1,657Registered User Senior Member
    Competitive? Yes.
    Difficult? Not so much.
    As long as you put in the time and effort, achieving a 3.5 in your major should not be a problem. Just watch out for Scott James! He is a killer!
  • poliscimajor123poliscimajor123 Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    Interesting. The major is very interesting to me which is another reason I chose it. Does anyone know how difficult the Political Science Program is at UCSD?