Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Societies

duckbuttduckbutt Posts: 6Registered User New Member
hi i just got an email for this because my GPA was above a 3.5 i was wondering if it was worth joining this and how it could benefit me or is it a waste of time?

its asking for 70$ and that's kind of a lot for me right now but it if it is worth it then i'd be willing to fork over the membership fee.

thank you!!
Post edited by duckbutt on

Replies to: Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Societies

• BoelterHallBoelterHall Posts: 2,926Registered User Senior Member
    My opinion - - If money is not an issue, then join it. Worst that could happen is networking and something on your transcript. Outside of that, I think it's a waste of time unless you want to be involved in a student group.

To me, it's not worth joining because it's not very prestigious. Everyone who tried hard for the first quarter could easily get a 3.5. Someone who took 3 GEs and got even A- average could get in. Save your money for honor societies within your department or Golden Key when you get a chance to join those.