Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

sorority reputations?

glamfairydustglamfairydust Posts: 111Registered User Junior Member
i will possibly be rushing next fall and would like to know what reputations some of the sororities have on campus. i know i shouldn't trust reps and all, but im curious...
Post edited by glamfairydust on

Replies to: sorority reputations?

• hater_of_hatershater_of_haters Posts: 1,037Registered User Senior Member
    top houses: alpha phi, kappa alpha theta, kappa kappa gamma, the females are hot but not necessarily sharpest tools in the shed

2nd tier: delta gamma, chi omega, pi phi is kinda in the middle between top and 2nd tier

absolutely hideous ones: tri delt (delta delta delta), kappa delta

then between the hideous and the top houses lie the random ones...

NOTE: im only talking about the pan-hellenic greeks...as i do not interact with the asian sororities...i think the asian sororities all look pretty bad

and im a dude so my opinion is absolutely objective and it reflects the opinion of most of the guys both greek and non-greek.

the way i see it...its not like you got a choice, if they want you, they'll ask you to come back...if they dont, there's not much you can do. hope this helps.
  • DeucesDeuces Posts: 1,501Registered User Senior Member
    "my opinion is absolutely objective" ZING!

Just go with the house you feel most comfortable with - the house where your sorority class is a group of girls you can see yourself of your time at UCLA.
  • namastenamaste Posts: 3,027Registered User Senior Member
    "and im a dude so my opinion is absolutely objective and it reflects the opinion of most of the guys both greek and non-greek. "

Not really... are you even in a frat?

Any guy will find attractive girls in Tri Delt and KD too. It doesn't matter that much most of the girls look fairly similar.

Just go with the house you feel comfortable in. Alpha Phi, Theta, and Kappa are the hardest to get into, but that doesn't mean they're the best fit for everyone.
    "Not really... are you even in a frat?"

no, but i hang around enough frats to know the general consensus. are you in a frat? if you are in any of the big ones, sig chi, sig nu, pike, pikapp, zbt, beta, sig ep, or even aepi or theta xi, then most likely i know a few of the bros in the house. if u are in zbt or pike, i know your president. and by "know" i dont mean just facebook friends.

if you are in triangle or some non-IFC ones, then your frat is rather inconsequential and i dont waste my time on them.

just trying to clear things up, really not trying to pick a fight

"Alpha Phi, Theta, and Kappa are the hardest to get into"

they are hardest to get into for a reason-they have reputations to maintain, just like zbt or sigep or pike wont let a random bookworm into their frat.
  • laurawarelauraware Posts: 158Registered User Junior Member
    wow. the greek system sounds like such a welcoming community.
  • glamfairydustglamfairydust Posts: 111Registered User Junior Member
    thanks for the insight =)

so are you saying the top tier houses base their choices mostly on looks?
    yea...i mean all sororities kinda go by the looks, of course im not an expert on this, i know this from my sorority friends and my frat friends' sorority friends, etc. if you wanna know more, ur welcome to pm me or wutever, but i really prefer not to discuss this further publicly.

and i JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY EX...OMG I HATE THAT WOMAN!!! (sorry unrelated...felt like saying it because i literally just hung up a 2 hr. phone call)
  • MrPinkMrPink Posts: 471Registered User Member
    sigh i miss my ex

is this real life????????
  • MrPinkMrPink Posts: 471Registered User Member
    sorry unrelated. just felt like saying it because i am recovering from inebriation.

why is this happening to meee??????
  • bellakkaybellakkay Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    This was written 3 years ago but i definitely things have changed for UCLA sororities. I would say every house has a really strong sense of sisterhood and are great in their own ways...

top houses:
    alpha phi: pretty, stuck up, performers mostly, blonde
    kappa alpha theta: going down their upperclassmen are great but their pledge class was not good last year, nice
    delta gamma: cool girls but probably had the sluttiest pledge class, fun, pretty
    kappa kappa gamma: not really smart, pretty, great pledge class

2nd tier:
    chi omega: nice girls who are cute
    pi phi: slutty, outgoing and fun

don't know much about these:
    tri delt (delta delta delta)
    kappa delta

I think it's important to just go with the house that you feel most comfortable in though.
  • calliet9calliet9 Posts: 28Registered User New Member
    anyone know if there is any hazing at ucla for sororities??
  • anotheruclaanotherucla Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Lol at that question