Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

FSP (Freshman Summer Program)

binta92binta92 Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
I heard that in FSP people meet people, and already form cliques so its harder to meet more people when school starts? Is that true? Besides that, who is applying? I cant :(
Post edited by binta92 on

Replies to: FSP (Freshman Summer Program)

• Inquiringmind2Inquiringmind2 Posts: 623Registered User Member
    UCLA doesn't have FSP. Berkeley has the program in the fall for spring admits. Ucla only has 3 day summer orientation for incoming freshman, Ucla does not have spring admits. I believe you can take regular summer classes but that would be students from every class level, not just freshman. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
  • JinobiJinobi Posts: 1,184Registered User Senior Member
    ^you are wrong.

AAP Summer Programs

FSP only involves a small portion of the UCLA incoming freshman population. You take classes for a summer quarter, and you get a head start coming into UCLA because of the help you receive via AAP counselors. The UCLA 3 day summer orientation is for everyone, but does not include taking classes as part of its program. Anyone can take classes over the summer, though you won't get as much guidance as you would in FSP.
  • Inquiringmind2Inquiringmind2 Posts: 623Registered User Member
    Sorry! I knew someone would correct me if I was wrong! Thanks.
  • NaijasFinest91NaijasFinest91 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Binta92, I can't either :( Which really sucks, because I would love to maintain the friendships I made during Admit Week. However, I don't believe we are at a serious advantage: it's only 6 weeks. Before you know it, we'll both be there. :)

BTW, is there anyone who thinks that if you don't go to FSP you are at a serious social and academic advantage?
  • JoliusJolius Posts: 110Registered User Junior Member
    there's at least 4 thousand other people in your same class let alone those who are 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,even 6th years. People who complain that they have no friends at ucla are the ones that stay in their rooms sleeping all day. Even those who game all day will probably be able to find people to play with on their floor. I'm guessing you're going to orientation and not planning to live offcampus, so...I wouldn't worry about any disadvantages.
  • bratbrain791bratbrain791 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    does any body know the dates for this year's UCLA FSP?
  • sapphire_oceansapphire_ocean Posts: 942Registered User Member
    it starts july 27th[for sure] to sep 19[maybe]
  • drbashdrbash Posts: 211Registered User Junior Member
    How do we find out if we were accepted to AAP? Is it on MyUCLA or will they contact us?
  • danniesandanniesan Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Hey should've emailed you letting you know all the details
    i.e. check in, orientation, etc
  • eedosan1eedosan1 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    Awesome, I'll be doing FSP. Who will be doing Science Intensive?
  • sapphire_oceansapphire_ocean Posts: 942Registered User Member
    kinda old thread now but i'm doing science intensive! yay im excited

DOES anyone know about storing dorm stuff in between the end of the program and move-in for fall quarter????????

I would prefer not to move in twice....