Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCLA Biology Major

MHydeMHyde Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
How difficult is UCLA's Bio department?
Post edited by MHyde on

Replies to: UCLA Biology Major

• kydoggerkydogger Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    i'm a freshman bio major at ucla and it's not all that hard, but you definitely need to put you're work in and study a lot
  • MHydeMHyde Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah I figured it would require a decent amount of effort I just was curious how difficult the work was. How difficult would you say it is when compared to neuroscience?
  • premedbruinpremedbruin Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Just finishing my sophomore year, and it gets harder as you go. LS2 and LS4 are tons and tons of work, but it's cool stuff.
  • themoonisdownthemoonisdown Posts: 320Registered User Junior Member
    Are there particular divisions in the biology department that are easier/harder than the rest? For example, is psychobiology really the easiest bio major?
  • MHydeMHyde Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    I would like to know this as well. I am interested in psychobiology as well.
  • smiley612smiley612 Posts: 156Registered User Junior Member
    bump 10char
  • SuperHenry101SuperHenry101 Posts: 104Registered User Junior Member
    Yes, also interested here.
    If a current UCLA freshmen/sophmore can reply, it would be awsome =)
  • wktk222wktk222 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I guess it is "known" that psychobiology might be the easiest premed major.
    But to be honest, all the pre med majors are hard regardless of what they are.
    Same with classes, no matter how hard or how easy the classes are, they are the same, because the competition is the same. It's just that easier classes will have a higher curve or no curve at all, with a high % avg where harder classes will have lower curve for the class and the class avg will just be lower.