Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCLA economics professor

mysterious88mysterious88 Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
I tried to find out which professor is good and which is bad, but no thing come up. Could anyone point me to a website with that information ?
Post edited by mysterious88 on

Replies to: UCLA economics professor

• binks09binks09 Posts: 937Registered User Member
    bruinwalk is the "ratemyteachers" specific to UCLA
  • mysterious88mysterious88 Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    when I go to bruinwalk, click on the professor tab, the web turn blank with the message "invalid security certificated" This is the first time a web site pop up something like that for me, so what should I do?
  • drbashdrbash Posts: 211Registered User Junior Member
    Ignore the message and click continue, bruinwalk does that for everyone, its just a bug.
  • mysterious88mysterious88 Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    oh, ok thanks everyone.
  • cerebratecerebrate Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    my high school economics prof told me to mind Deepak Lal, who's recognized in developmental economics
  • thecheesecakethecheesecake Posts: 200Registered User Junior Member
    ^ I've never read his literature, so who knows, maybe he is brilliant. But Lal has a reputation for being an abysmal instructor.

OP: Who is bad and who is good? Boy oh boy, I have lots to say about UCLA econ professors. I'll add another post to this thread soon. Stay tuned...
  • emuclaemucla Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    my two best econ professors so far have been McDevitt and Lee Ohanian
    They are brilliant. Love them.
  • JasonwolfeJasonwolfe Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Ed Mcdevitt, Ratika Narag and Lee ohanion are awesome....avoid Atekon as he can be an ass at times.
  • rpictonrpicton Posts: 707Registered User Member
    McDevitt (took 3 from him), Hansen
  • lolfaillolfail Posts: 125Registered User Junior Member
    Avoid Bresnock.
  • sentimentGX4sentimentGX4 Posts: 1,679Registered User Senior Member
    McDevitt is torture. Hansen was alright, but boring. Bresnock was really boring. I think my favourite would be Lleras-Muney, because she have me an A. lolz