Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Average class size of UCSD and my chances of getting in

Aznjonathan0Aznjonathan0 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
I am a Junior in high school and going to be a senior and I am interested in the medical field! I hope to go to the University of California San Diego since they are known for their excellent and rigorous pre med programs in math and science department. I am specifically looking for the average class size of the math and science classes but if you don't know that it's ok. I just need to know for sure the average class size since I function well in small size classes.

Also I want to know how good my chances are of getting in. I had a 3.9 gpa last semester and this second semester I am going to get a 3.95. I got an A- in apush and AP lang/comp last semster but this semester my apush grade is an A :)
Also I have taken the subject tests for us history and math 1. I know I am in alg 2 because back in freshman year they said because i didnt take an honors math in 8th grade, I would not be able to take geometry. I have a 99% in alg 2 and math is my strong point. I haven't taken the sat but plan to on june 4th, 2011. I took psat during october without studying I got 157. My cumulative is 3.75 right now because in freshman year i kinda slipped. I am also doing tennis for 3 years and play regularly at my local club. I also am in honors society and key club. in addition i am fluent in korean in reading, writing, and speaking. Plus I am a hard worker and have always been. My strongpoints are math and science and I plan on taking pre med at a good university like ucsd and hope to becomea psychiatrist one day
Post edited by Aznjonathan0 on

Replies to: Average class size of UCSD and my chances of getting in

• astrinaastrina Posts: 3,028Registered User Senior Member
    funny, i didn't know we had a premed program ...
  • Aznjonathan0Aznjonathan0 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    What I meant to say is your science and math classes such as chem, bio chem, physics, bilogoy and all that good stuff
  • cdo714cdo714 Posts: 39Registered User Junior Member
    For your first two years, your major classes will be made up of lectures with 200-400 people and a weekly discussion of about 40 people. Upper div classes are noticeably smaller, but realize that at a school like UCSD, there are a lot of people with the same pre med classes. And pre med isn't a major; it's a set of classes that are required to have a chance at med school.