Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Things to do at UCSD?

southsidersouthsider Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
I just got admitted to sixth college as a biomedical engineering: pre-med major from Texas, and I heard from many people that UCSD isn't exactly what you would call a "happening place." Although my primary focus in college will be to study, I love to go out and have fun on the weekends. What is there to do at UCSD (or in surrounding areas)? I also heard that the campus police and administrators are pretty strict and enforce the "no drinking under 21" laws.
Post edited by southsider on

Replies to: Things to do at UCSD?

• southsidersouthsider Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    anyone have any comment?
  • tammy31mtammy31m Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Hey southsider I've been accepted to the 6th college at UCSD also, and i am in the same shoes as you are. I dont know if its gonna a really exciting place, cause I like to go out too and have fun besides studying. So I am deciding between UCSD and UCI to see which suits me more.
  • tammy31mtammy31m Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    Hey southsider I've been accepted to the 6th college at UCSD also, and i am in the same shoes as you are. I dont know if its gonna a really exciting place, cause I like to go out too and have fun besides studying. So I am deciding between UCSD and UCI to see which suits me more.
  • UClippers05UClippers05 Posts: 538Registered User Member
    yeah Im trying to decide between UCSD and UCI i got accepted to Revelle well i guess we have to wait till april 9
  • southsidersouthsider Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    I heard UC Berkeley offers a wide variety of things to do both on campus and in surrounding areas, and I'm waiting on them (crosses fingers). What are your majors?
  • nervous_breakdownnervous_breakdown Posts: 251Registered User Junior Member
    hey guys
    i live in SD and know about 20 people that go to UCSD right now.
    if you're the kind of person who wants to party every night and get drunk any time you can, then go to santa barbara.
    SDSU parties are where UCSD students go to do that kind of thing. It's close though.
    There's also downtown San Diego and the Gaslamp Quarter which is actually quite cool.
    You can also go to Pacific Beach if you have a car or a Coaster ticket. There's a lot of nightlife there.
    And when all else fails.....TIJUANA :)