Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
furgessonfurgesson Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
I was wondering if anyone knew how soon UCSD disburses financial aid monies. I will be living off campus and was wondering when I would be getting the remainder of the Cal Grants so I can pay my lease. Thank you all and have a wonderful holidays!
Post edited by furgesson on

Replies to: FinAid

• WarrenfreshmanWarrenfreshman Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    UCSD credited my account for the second installment of Cal Grant on November 26th.
  • LifeTranscendsLifeTranscends Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    All of my finaid was disbursed on the 26th, too.
  • furgessonfurgesson Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    So wait...after UCSD's fees are all paid, what happens then? (I'm not a student yet I'm just planning for next year). Is it disbursed by certain periods or all at once?

Thanks again everyone, you've been so helpful!
  • WarrenfreshmanWarrenfreshman Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    If there is a credit balance, UCSD will pay you. In my case they transferred the money to my bank account.

You should call the Financial Aid office and ask about your specific case. The people are very helpful.
  • OyamaOyama Registered User Posts: 2,486 Senior Member
    It's a 7-14 business day latency on direct deposits for credit balances

So if Financial Aid is disbursed on the 1st, for example, and there's still a credit balance, expect to receive your aid around the 8th-15th
  • furgessonfurgesson Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    So then it's safe to assume I wouldn't get the $8,000 from the Pell/Grants in September?
This discussion has been closed.