Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Party at UCSD. Ihouse, why not?

gonzalesgonzales Posts: 2Registered User New Member
I read something about parties at UCSD on this forum but nobody speak about parties in the International House. I heard they are great, there is something every weekend and that they are usually open to people. Is that right?

Are there other place on campus where open parties take place?
Post edited by gonzales on

Replies to: Party at UCSD. Ihouse, why not?

• ajdavidson07ajdavidson07 Posts: 757Registered User Member
    well there is a bar on campus, and during multiple events of the year, 21+ students get free beer on campus. other than that i dont know where there would be a school sanctioned party going on, or at least one with alcohol and such (which i am guessing thats what you mean)
  • gonzalesgonzales Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    of course I mean with alcohol :)
    well then if you are <21 than there will be NO school sanctioned parties on campus. if there are parties on campus than they are in dorms and fairly quite, else you feel the writing up wrath of your local RA.. or whatever they are called.

when i visited my friend for 4 days, we had 2 parties...quite loud.. only like 10-15 people tho, but we had no problems.

you just arent going to find huge parties on campus <21. they are illegal and against school policies
  • ucsandiego915ucsandiego915 Posts: 1,643Registered User Senior Member
    Go greek or join a sports team, those are some of the only options if you want a really busy social schedule. Ihouse parties are lame and get broken up by RA's. Partying doesn't really happen on campus because of RSO's and whatnot.
  • hopefullyokayhopefullyokay Posts: 257Registered User Junior Member
    Yes, RSOs and RAs are pretty up on it, so I speak from experience--don't party on campus if you are under 21!! I House is definitely one of the craziest places on Sungod, and I heard the people there go out and party together (as a lot are old enough to do so)...so it really depends on your connections.
    just come to my place next semester... looking to get a house on torrey pines
  • Sasmita_ShahSasmita_Shah Posts: 76Registered User Junior Member
    party it up in your own place (NOT in ERC. walls are too thin) if you have separate buildings, so like...Marshall or Sixth I believe? Just be creative when trying to muffle sound or hide lights from outside.

I-House is fun to party it up at, just be careful. Same goes for The Village.