• SAT I (breakdown):580 Critical Reading 550 Math 580 Writing
• SAT II: 600 Math 2, 600 Eng Lit
• Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0):
• Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 32/668
• AP (place score in parenthesis): AP Bio, AP Physics, AP Eng Lang(4), APUSH(4)
• IB (place score in parenthesis):N/A
• Senior Year Course Load: Academic Decathlon(Interdisciplinary Studies), AP Calculus AB, AP Eng Lit, AP Euro, AP Gov, Econ Honors, Comp Programming
• Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): CSF, Outstanding Volunteer(twice from MMCM Hospital), Cheer: National’s Bid, Superior Squad
• Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Decathlon Club, OM Club, FBLA(Comm. Of Activites), Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Link Crew, etc.
• Job/Work Experience: Tutor, Nanny
• Volunteer/Community service: MMCM Hospital, Health Info Management, 400+ volunteer hours
• Summer Activities: Cheer Camp advisor/coach, volunteer stuff
• Essays: Essays were amazing
• Teacher Recommendation: N/A
• Counselor Rec: N/A
• Additional Rec: N/A
• Interview: N/A
• State (if domestic applicant): CA
• Country (if international applicant):N/A
• School Type: large public high school
• Ethnicity: Asian(Lao, Thai)
• Gender: Female
• Income Bracket: Middle
• Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Essay, EC’s, rigor of classes(11 APs/Honors)
• Strengths: personal statements
• Weaknesses: Mediocre SAT
• Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: “Well-rounded,” nice balance of intellect and EC’s. I was told by someone that works in their admissions office that with my course rigor and personality(reflective through my EC’s), I fit right in with their general student population.
• Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: accepted at SJSU and UCR; rejected at Cal Poly SLO; stilling waiting to hear from UCLA and UCI
Congrats to everyone that got in, and to those that got rejected, do not be discouraged. You’ll end up where you need to be UCSB has been my dream school and my first choice for a really long time, so naturally I am very excited about this and hope to meet those of you who choose to enroll this fall!
YAY just recently got admitted to UCSB!!!.....i dont even know how.....i had a 1400 SAT score ......... can someone please explain the pros and cons of going to UCSB for science courses and general life there???
Senior Year Course Load: IB English, IB Spanish, IB Biology, IB History, IB Math
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): NHRP
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): some nonacademic clubs, writing, recreational sport
Volunteer/Community service: peer tutoring
Essays: I worked hard on the personal statement...I wrote about learning Spanish and doing mathematical art.
State (if domestic applicant): California
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: public
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):
Reflection[list][*] Strengths: SAT I is above the average for UCSB, challenging courses[*] Weaknesses: weak ECs[*] Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: My academics are fine, and in my personal statement I explained what I do during my free time, since I have few ECs.[*] Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: UCSC, UCD, UCR, UCM, UCSB
SAT: didn't take it
SAT II: Bio - 600, US History - 680, Math II - 500
UC GPA: 3.90
AP: APUSH, AP Bio, AP Chem, AP English Lit, AP 2-D, AP Calc AB
EC: 4 years of ASB, 2 years varsity tennis. varsity tennis captain 1 year. 1 year varsity track. class president 3 years. ASB president 1 year (senior year). Key Club 4 years. 300 community service hours.
and I got a rejection letter today from SDSU and waitlisted to UCSD.
@dustinthewind I thought I had a chance with UCSD, but I got waitlisted instead. Some of my friends with 4.5 GPA and 2200 SAT got rejected. And some people at my school with 3.7 GPA with 1300 SAT and taken no APs and have any hardly E.C. got in. Pretty upsetting, since UCSD was my first choice. But I guess congrats to those kids.