Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Which extended essay did you choose?

nondairycreamernondairycreamer Posts: 365Registered User Member
edited January 2012 in University of Chicago
Hey y'all!

So I just find it interesting to see what everyone choose as the extended essay prompt. So please, feel free to share which prompt you chose, and if you like, give a little description on how you wrote your essay.

I personally chose the "between living and dreaming" prompt, and approached it from a purely scientific/psychology position.
Post edited by nondairycreamer on

Replies to: Which extended essay did you choose?

• cloudless33cloudless33 Posts: 218Registered User Junior Member
    "Time you found something you weren't looking for." I wrote about finding a robin's egg in my yard when I was five and breaking it accidentally.
  • mwrecks94mwrecks94 Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
    I picked the dream one, and wrote about literally nothing. I was really happy with the finished product but I feel like I didn't really have a strong and direct thesis...
  • amelia9009amelia9009 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    I did between living and dreaming, like it seems almost everyone did. I did mine in sort of short story format. It was really like 3 little snapshots into 3 peoples lives.
  • shootastarshootastar Posts: 271Registered User Junior Member
    I did the from Play-Doh to Plato one. It's about an aspect of my development and finding my true aspiration.
  • djz750djz750 Posts: 222Registered User Junior Member
    Living and dreaming. I wrote about guessing :) I have a very limited science background, but I threw in a Schrodinger reference. It is shorter than most, but I think it turned out well.
  • CountMonteCristoCountMonteCristo Posts: 504Registered User Member
    Daughter responded to the from Play-Doh to Plato prompt.
  • weedbythewallweedbythewall Posts: 94Registered User Junior Member
    I'm torn between playdoh-plato in which I use stream of consciousness and a time I found something I wasn't looking for in which I explain how I concluded there's an order to the universe.
  • xxxamazexxxxxxamazexxx Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    I wrote 6 words for the 'reverse psychology' prompt.
    You read it right. 6 words.
  • rchhayrchhay Posts: 1,185Registered User Member
    ^You might get in on sheer cheek alone...

I did the between living and dreaming one. It's a little over a page, double-spaced...
  • echachaechacha Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Am I the only one who chose the prompt that allowed you to ask any question!?! I think it was the fifth one...
  • helloicarushelloicarus Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I did pose your own question as well
  • jake1313jake1313 Posts: 173Registered User Junior Member
    Yup, I made my own question.
  • StaryuloverStaryulover Posts: 383Registered User Member
    Am I the only one that did the "unscientific" method?
  • crawlings951crawlings951 Posts: 275Registered User Junior Member
    What 6 words did you write?

Sent from my DROIDX using CC App
  • xxxamazexxxxxxamazexxx Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    Complying with policy on plagiarism I can't disclose what I wrote. But I could vaguely describe my 6 words as breaking-the-fourth-wall and hyper-critical.