Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Post Your essay

1818283848587»

Replies to: Post Your essay

• raclutraclut Registered User Posts: 3,099 Senior Member
    If you are posting your essays here I hope you realize that you run the risk of your essay being plagiarized by someone else.
  • CU123CU123 Registered User Posts: 1,243 Senior Member
    That would be a bad move, as more than one of the admissions officers will review the essays for any of the admits, and if they were to recognize a plagiarized essay...........
  • vegucated26vegucated26 Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    Yeah I would hope that anyone applying to uchicago would be smart enough not to ruin their chances by submitting another person's work and if they do, that's on them
  • AnimeMangoAnimeMango Registered User Posts: 115 Junior Member
    I personally probably wouldn't post them here, simply because of the high risk of plagiarism. But I do like seeing how other people approached the prompts. It's quite interesting.
  • CU123CU123 Registered User Posts: 1,243 Senior Member
    I don't mind people posting them, however their usefulness is limited. Johns Hopkins will send you essays that they liked and why which is much more useful. BTW I highly recommend getting the "On writing the college application essay" book before attempting to write your essays.
  • vegucated26vegucated26 Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    does anyone from 2016-2017 application have any essays to share??? :)
  • gigichuckgigichuck Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    I second that ^^
  • brownandboujeebrownandboujee Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2
    Your essay brought back memories from elementary school! Do you mind posting what prompt this was?
  • duke1021duke1021 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    An essay should be of your form, asking for others essays is personally very lazy and does not represent yourself. You better hope if you are copying someone that you can pull that off in an interview, because that's what you're selling yourself as.