Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Got accepted into UCONN, but...

FutureCollege22FutureCollege22 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
edited January 2012 in University of Connecticut
Today I got accepted in UCONN but I got into the Waterbury campus because the Storrs campus (my first choice) was full or unavailable?...

This is the message I received:

Congratulations! On behalf of the University of Connecticut, it is our pleasure to invite you to join the incoming freshman class. Due to the rigorous requirements of the main campus in Storrs, we are unable to honor your request for immediate admission to this campus.

Does this mean that it's possible that I can be put on a wait list to get into the Storrs campus? This happened to my sister.
Post edited by FutureCollege22 on

Replies to: Got accepted into UCONN, but...

• gregj135gregj135 Posts: 116Registered User Junior Member
    Hmm, that's interesting. I would call up the admissions office and ask about your options. I don't think the other campuses have any dorm housing, so that might be a concern as a freshman.

What are your current credentials that you got in with, if you don't mind me asking?
  • WilkeyWilkey Posts: 165Registered User Junior Member
    Are you OOS?
  • FutureCollege22FutureCollege22 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    I'm in state
    Well my SAT scores weren't high - 1450
    but my grades were good - 4.5/5
  • jodiejo93jodiejo93 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    i got accepted too, they sent me to the Stamford campus through the ACES program( i dont know what that is) but i asked my guidance counsler she told me i would have to go to the stamford campus for a year before i could transfer over to Storrs
  • Ohcollege9Ohcollege9 Posts: 18Registered User New Member
    same thing happend to me.. my grades are rly good but SATs are 1590. I got accepted to avery point with that same message. Im gonna try and see if theres anything else i can do to get me on a waitlist or something.
  • amk122amk122 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    @FutureCollege22, what major did you apply for? (if you don't mind me asking)
    I applied for psychology
  • sara1893sara1893 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
    I got sent to the Stamford branch too and I want to be put on a waitlist or deffered!!
  • markPLmarkPL Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Hey guys, does it mean that there is still a chance to get to Storrs?
    Or it basicallly says that you are not ready for main campus yet?
    Please for response
  • uconn412uconn412 Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    You can appeal their choice by sending a letter saying why you should get to go to the main campus.
    My friend did that last year but they didn't accept her, so she went to stamford for a semester and is now at storrs for the second semester!
    Although the letter didn't work, it could for you because you have much better grades then she did.
    Good luck!! :)
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    ACES is the exploratory majors designation. Basically, it means you are undeclared. Also, the major you are put in for pre-pharm I think.
  • uconn2015uconn2015 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Hello, got accepted to uconn today at Stamford capus but not at the main campus. I'm a swimmer and want swim for the club. I have been swimming for years and I may want to consider swimming in college. The Stamford campus doesn't have a pool. Do you think I should appeal ? Also I applied for the business program and they wrote I have to do a ACES program. What should I do ?