College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Hi, I'm a junior just starting to look at schools! Since touring the Uconn campus i fell in love with it, and uconn is so far my #1 choice of school, but with my poor grades i doubt i'll get in. what do you think?
9th grade: 3.0 GPA
10th grade: 3.0 GPA
11th: 2.7 GPA i know, very bad =[
12th: GPA going to be a lot a lot better
I take a lot of challenging classes with many honors and 3 AP classes throughtout my high school years.
SAT: taking it in april but i am guessing my score will be in the average range
1) I work at lot. 45+ hours a week for the past 3 years. that should be my main EC
2) I write for the school newspaper and was editor-in-chief one year =)
3) I am a senator in student goverment this year and will be secretary next year .... hopefully
4) Voluteer as JR. camp couselor for 2 weeks (60 hours)
5) Part of teen board at local library all high school years
6) Also i am starting to voluteer at the aquarium
Honor roll (lol)
I want to get into the UCONN summer program for teens but u need a minmum 3.0 GPA so =( boo.
so what do u think? do i have a shot at uconn????? and i am open to suggestions.