Hi, I'm a junior just starting to look at schools! Since touring the Uconn campus i fell in love with it, and uconn is so far my #1 choice of school, but with my poor grades i doubt i'll get in. what do you think?
9th grade: 3.0 GPA
10th grade: 3.0 GPA
11th: 2.7 GPA i know, very bad =[
12th: GPA going to be a lot a lot better
I take a lot of challenging classes with many honors and 3 AP classes throughtout my high school years.
SAT: taking it in april but i am guessing my score will be in the average range
1) I work at lot. 45+ hours a week for the past 3 years. that should be my main EC
2) I write for the school newspaper and was editor-in-chief one year =)
3) I am a senator in student goverment this year and will be secretary next year .... hopefully
4) Voluteer as JR. camp couselor for 2 weeks (60 hours)
5) Part of teen board at local library all high school years
6) Also i am starting to voluteer at the aquarium
Honor roll (lol)
I want to get into the UCONN summer program for teens but u need a minmum 3.0 GPA so =( boo.
so what do u think? do i have a shot at uconn????? and i am open to suggestions.