Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UF Class of 2015 Admission Statistics

Danielle2400Danielle2400 Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2011 in University of Florida
For those that are interested the UF Office of Admissions has released the following information about admissions for 2011 for the Class of 2015 as published in the Independent Florida Alligator newspaper:

Total number of applicants: 29,269
Total number admitted: 11,423
Percent admitted: 38% (an all-time record low)

Mean GPA of admittted students: 4.30
Mean SAT score of admitted students: 1963
Mean ACT Composite score of admitted students: 30
Post edited by Danielle2400 on

Replies to: UF Class of 2015 Admission Statistics

• eagleskylineeagleskyline Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    Wow, that makes me feel even better for getting in during the year where there was an all-time low for the percentage of people who go in.
  • las9496las9496 Posts: 19Registered User New Member
    Just took ACT and SAT for first time--will take again. Which of these 2 scores is stronger--or about the same? 31 ACT, 1330/2020 SAT. Thanks.
  • EastOfEdenEastOfEden Posts: 121Registered User Junior Member
    The ACT is slightly better (about a 1380) but both are good scores
  • niqueb1niqueb1 Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    I feel honored to have been accepted! Nice stats class of '15!!!
  • EngineerjwEngineerjw Posts: 1,136Registered User Senior Member
    Wow, nice stats. I was a 4.6 ish GPA, 31 ACT, 2050 SAT. I always thought I was high above the averages, but I am not. This should be an excellent class.
  • princessla92princessla92 Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    It feels good to be accepted! With that low acceptance rate.
  • jeromefultonjeromefulton Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
    I know about 50 people (African-Americans) who got in with a 17 ACT score. If you are in the top 5% of your graduating class and you attend a Florida public high school, you are guaranteed admissions.
  • millivanillimillivanilli Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    @Danielle2400 Can you give the link? :) I would like to check it out (unless that was all of the information given). Anyone know where we can see the statistics of where the incoming students are from etc. or is that like illegal information?
  • Danielle2400Danielle2400 Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    In response to MilliVanilli Post:

I provided all of thge reported information given to the UF school newspaper, The Independent Florida Alligator by the UF Admission Office. If you go to the Independent Florida Alligator Newspaper website and search for UF Admission statistics 2011 you will find the article. As to the post above yours that information is not accurate. There are minimum SAT and ACT scores to even be considered for admission and a 17 Composite ACT is well below the minimum. Also a top 5% class standing is no guarantee as a number of top 5% students were rejected primarily with below average ACT or SAT scores. If this trend continues as it has for the last three years, admission applications for next year may approach 33,000 which would if the class size stays constant reduce the admission rate
    to 35-36%.
  • millivanillimillivanilli Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    No search results found! :(
    "In addition to the Alliance program, the University of Florida will begin a new partnership with all high schools in Florida to assist Gov. Jeb Bush’s efforts to strengthen public education in the state of Florida. The new program, effective this year, guarantees admission to the top 5 percent of the graduating seniors in all public high schools in the state. These students will be expected to complete the application process and must have completed the necessary core courses satisfactorily. In most cases, these graduating seniors will have done so and will therefore, be guaranteed admissions to the University of Florida."

University of Florida News – UF Expands Efforts To Help At-Risk High School Students

This information is directly from the University of Florida website.
  • glasswrightglasswright Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
    yes, but from 2002, jeb Bush isn't even the gov. anymore. I know there is a state program where people in the top 5 or 10% are guaranteed admission to atleast 1 university in the state, even if it may not be one of their top choices. maybe this is the end result of what they were trying to start then.

also, if you kept reading the article, you would see that that specific program only applied to 4 high schools.
    No, it does not only apply to those 4 schools. It clearly stated in addition to the Alliance Program.... The Alliance Scholarship only applies to those 4 schools.

The new program, effective this year, guarantees admission to the top 5 percent of the graduating seniors in all public high schools in the state.
  • ufgator18ufgator18 Posts: 352Registered User Member
    I'm in the Alliance Program and you have no idea what your talking about.

It's not guaranteed admissions... that changed. It's just free Scholarship Money guaranteed if you get in.

Thanks.