Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How does COA on the aid statement work?

BCell2011BCell2011 Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2011 in University of Florida
Cost of attendance is approximately $18,000. What exactly are they factoring in? I can't imagine that they could define a flat rate for things like books and cleaning (laundry, etc).

If it's really ~$10,000 they're expecting and the other $8000 is for books, computer, laundry etc then the preparation for financing would be a little different. Like instead of a $12,000 loan I'd need a $10,000 loan because I already have a computer
Post edited by BCell2011 on

Replies to: How does COA on the aid statement work?

• Danielle2400Danielle2400 Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    Cost of attendance includes the following: tuition, school fees, books, housing, food,
    travel expenses to and froim school, incidental expenses and in a few schools the cost of buying a laptop computer.
  • BCell2011BCell2011 Posts: 41Registered User Junior Member
    So basically, if I took out a loan for the exact cost of attendance, I would more than likely have a few thousand unused dollars
  • aforautumnaforautumn Posts: 1,381Registered User Senior Member
    yes. for some people its a very accurate number, but for a lot of other people, its very high. i'd say its more or less the upper bound.

i made it with about 12k my freshman year. stopped paying attention after that.