Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Tuition Deposit question...

auburntigers22auburntigers22 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2012 in University of Florida
So I'm going to UF and have already submitted my $200 housing deposit (submitted the $25 deposit back in September), but I was confused as to whether the tuition deposit that is due May 1 has anything to do with housing priority.

I am 100% sure I want to go to UF, but I am still hesitant to put down the tuition deposit because I am still waiting to hear back from some schools (these are backups and I don't plan to attend them).

Would it be wise to get my tuition deposit in sooner than later? Or is it okay if I wait until mid-March or early-April?

Thanks! Go Gators!
Post edited by auburntigers22 on

Replies to: Tuition Deposit question...

• Chels77Chels77 Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    If you're 100% percent sure you want to go and have no plans to attend your backups I don't see why you shouldn't? Watch out though, there's a $200 cancellation fee if you make the deposit and end up not going
  • auburntigers22auburntigers22 Posts: 106Registered User Junior Member
    That's why I don't want to put it down just yet. As of right now I'm going to UF, but you never know what might happen. That's why I'm wondering if I can wait before submitting it