Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Taking my elderly mom to the Gators game on Saturday

JenaS62JenaS62 Posts: 360Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in University of Florida
Hi,

I have a questions for the Gators football veterans out there.

My son goes to UF and I am taking my soon to be 80 year old mother who loves college football up to the game on Saturday. She can walk but not all that well and she has a hip problems. My son says that they close off the roads near the stadium and that you have to park in a garage and take the shuttle to the stadium.

Here is my question - is there anyway I can drop my mom and son off at the stadium and then go park and ride the shuttle back? Do they have carts or anything for the disabled? I cannot expect my mom to walk far and/or ride buses. It's too much for her.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by JenaS62 on

Replies to: Taking my elderly mom to the Gators game on Saturday

• gator4evergator4ever Posts: 553Registered User Member
    Call the stadium security and ask them. I am sure if you want to make a day of it you can make it happen. But you have to be prepared to get their early and leave late.

Another factor to consider is the location of the seats. If they are up past row 70 it can be a bit of a challenge for an oder person.

Start with talking to the stadium staff and see what they can do for her.

Here you go I just found this on gatorzone call them. They maybe able to get her a prime seating location. If you have to take a wheelchair? Do it.
    "Those fans needing a wheelchair space or accessible seating should visit the Ticket Office. Please call 800-34-GATOR or 352-375-4683 x 6800. Wheelchair seating is located in the North and South End Zones of the lower concourse and in select areas of the West side of the Stadium. Please also refer to Disabled Parking, Elevators and Parking sections for more information on ADA services."

I hope she has a great day. I did something like this to take my Dad on one his last fishing trips you will not regret it.
  • JenaS62JenaS62 Posts: 360Registered User Member
    Thanks much! I appreciate it.