Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Wait list for Housing? Will I get a dorm?

ahhhhokayahhhhokay Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited January 2013 in University of Florida
Hey, I am not an incoming freshmen, so some context:
I'm in the middle of my second year at UF. Year one, I lived on-campus (Lakeside). At the start of Fall 2012, I moved off-campus.

Now, for Fall 2013 plans:
I had planned to stay off-campus, however my current situation kind of had a fallout. Now I was just thinking about moving back on campus. Today (Jan. 28, 2013) I paid the $25 to get my application processed, but someone told me I needed to be put on a waiting list for Fall 2013 housing.

What does this mean, exactly? How likely am I to get a dorm?
Idealy, I wanted one of the singles over at Murphree area (Buckman or Thomas Halls).

Thanks
Post edited by ahhhhokay on

Replies to: Wait list for Housing? Will I get a dorm?

• SabertoothSabertooth Posts: 297Registered User Junior Member
    It means once all housing recontracts and freshman have their rooms, you get to take whatever is left over. From my understanding that is, I could be wrong.

You could always look into luxury dorms, those may as well be on campus. They are great value dorms and do have many uf students living there.
  • ahhhhokayahhhhokay Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Thanks, that doesn't sound as bad as I thought it'd be.

I'm looking into those as well (as a back-up plan), but they actually look a couple hundred dollars more expensive a month than dorms (at least the one's I'm looking at).
    Are there any besides Ivy House/Windsor hall?
  • glasswrightglasswright Posts: 169Registered User Junior Member
    you just get put on the waitlist until enough cancellations come in. Don't worry about it, you will totally get housing.
    it's on a rolling basis, so as soon as they can, you get offered a contract and then you can pick your room. I forgot too, and last week it only took me 24 hours to get pulled off the waitlist and offered a contract, and as soon as I paid I was able to go online and pick a room.

Also, you can totally still get a single in buckman or thomas. there were empty ones all the way through the summer that they tried to get filled.
  • ahhhhokayahhhhokay Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    Yayy, that makes me feel much better, thanks for the reply!