Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SLS1102 First Year Florida

ibgirl09ibgirl09 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
edited August 2009 in University of Florida
I'm planning on taking this class in the fall. what is this class about? how is the work load? thanks for the info!=]
Post edited by ibgirl09 on

Replies to: SLS1102 First Year Florida

• gpowsanggpowsang Posts: 833Registered User Member
    Wait, so your telling us you are planning on taking this class, yet you know nothing about it?

*S*
  • aforautumnaforautumn Posts: 1,381Registered User Senior Member
    OP obviously has an idea, but they dont go into detail at orientation.

here's barfield's assignment page
    Assignments
    other information is on the website as well.
  • ibgirl09ibgirl09 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    thanks aforautumn for the link! it was helpful.

gpowsang, since i am in the OASIS program it is required that i take this class. i just wanted to know what the class entails because i have not obtain any info from anyone about it previously. i really don't appreciate your two cents.
  • gpowsanggpowsang Posts: 833Registered User Member
    I wasnt trying to be rude

just the way your post was structured confused me

*S*
  • GatorAccountantGatorAccountant Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    It's a really easy A. You just do assignments like take pictures of different things around campus and e-mail one of your professor's questions. Just show up to class and meet other freshmen
  • FishFan9703FishFan9703 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    Let me give you some real advice: DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS.

I was once registered for this class as a freshman and it was more work than it was worth. But this is something the preview staffers don't want you to know at preview. I took it three years ago. I can only imagine now how much worse, brainless and boring it is. The information they give you can be found if you read the two or three books you receive during preview, or even browse ufl.edu for a while. Everything else about UF you learn as you go, and that's the beauty of it. Who knows, you may enjoy it depending on the type of person and student you are. I have no problem working hard if it's worth the work, but SLS1102 was just a bunch of common sense busy work. I recommend dropping it while you still can and adding a really interesting or fun class to your schedule. There are a lot of really great and interesting 1-2 credit classes/labs that meet once a week that I'm sure you'd enjoy a lot more.

But then again, if there's no way you can get out of it, I have no doubt you'll get an easy A. ;)