Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Just got rejected - Appeal process?

johns91johns91 Posts: 10Registered User New Member
Hello all,

I have just been rejected from the University of Florida, which was my first choice school. It's so hard to write this right now, as I'm trembling from the shock. UF was the perfect school for me with its low-tuition and high standards of academics.

What hurts me the most is that some of my classmates with almost no extracurriculars and with lower test scores and GPA have been accepted (I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything by saying this, but I am at a loss of words at the moment).

My GPA is not super-high but is still in the range. However, I have shown a significant increase of GPA throughout the years, where my UF GPA of junior year was 4.64. I have always taken the most rigorous courses available and held several leadership positions.

Now, there are two reasons why I believe my appeal would cause in the reconsideration of my application:
1. Around 300 community hours (due to certain complications, my community hours could not be recorded on my transcript by the time my application was sent. I had to send in my transcript with 0 community hours.)
2. A senior semester GPA of 4.7 (this is an indication of the persistence of the upward trend which I've achieved)

Do you guys think the factors which I listed would provide the admissions committee with sufficient reasons to reconsider my application?

Also, how do you start this appeal process? I have tried searching but could not find any information on it. Any links or explanation of this process would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Post edited by johns91 on

Replies to: Just got rejected - Appeal process?