Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is it easy to get involved in sports?

jsnappjsnapp Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2010 in University of Florida
I've never been involved in sports (money problems etc) but I play recreationally with friends and stuff. So is it going to be hard for me to get involved in sports at UF being that I have no team experience ?
Post edited by jsnapp on

Replies to: Is it easy to get involved in sports?

• danny_125danny_125 Posts: 783Registered User Member
    What sports are you talking about?
  • jsnappjsnapp Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    I was thinking volleyball or tennis but my options are open :)
  • danny_125danny_125 Posts: 783Registered User Member
    There are volleyball and tennis at Broward and Southwest. They're pretty popular.
    Are they just for fun or organized teams with coaches?
  • aforautumnaforautumn Posts: 1,381Registered User Senior Member
    just for fun. sports clubs are selective and organized often, and sometimes have people that get involved as a 'coach', but pretty much once you turn 18 and dont play competitively you're not going to ever have a sports coach again.

the more informal sports teams are intermural. theres a bunch of info about them on rec sports' website. they're easy to get into, especially if you have like-minded friends, but you sorta have to stay on top of things to make sure your team is signed up and goes to its games.

i remember i did soccer in the fall and was sorely disappointed because my team only played 4 games the whole semester. you're better off relying on pugs for a more regular fix.

volleyball, tennis, raquetball, and basketball are the most popular impromptu sports on campus not hosted by rec sports.
    thanks so much for your help!