Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I don't meet the requirements

ZyzztheticsZyzzthetics Posts: 77Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2012 in University of Georgia
Halfway through the application, I come across the question asking if by the time I am done with highschool, will I have 4 years of math english science etc. Well, I'm currently a senior and first semester is just about over and I only have 3 years of science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics). Is there anything I can do?
Post edited by Zyzzthetics on

Replies to: I don't meet the requirements

• iRH3TTiRH3TT Posts: 83Registered User Junior Member
    Try to add a science class this semester, such as Environmental Science. I'm surprised your school doesn't monitor graduation requirement progress... maybe you have taken an equivalent? I know in GA if you take a few Agriculture classes they can replace a science class.
  • BanjoHitterBanjoHitter Posts: 1,497Registered User Senior Member
    I'm surprised your school doesn't monitor graduation requirement progress...

The OP is from Illinois. Illinois only requires 2 years of Science to graduate High School (Georgia requires 4 years).

Would adding 1 semester of a dual-enrollment science course count as a "year" of science to UGA? If so, that's possible (enroll in a community college for Spring Semester and take a science course). You might want to call and ask.