Ah, I finally see some comrade here
Except I'm at a bit worse situation.
Here's my situation:
1. Only got into UIUC (CS major in Engineering)
2. Getting FULL LOAN (Yep. We(or I) didn't save any money for college.)
3. I'm a Korean who moved to CA 5 years ago. --> No connection what-so-ever.
4. My GPA isn't that great. (UW 3.64 and SAT 2040)
And here are my options:
1. go to UIUC
2. go to Community college
3. go to UC Merced
And here are things I considered:
1. Can I learn much at the school? (worth the time/money)
2. Is it going to be fun?
3. Is there a way to minimize the amount of loans? (Probably Scholarships)
4. Is environment okay? (Can I actually focus on my study? not party everyday?)
5. How about internship/job opportunity?
6. Can I form lots of connection with Juniors/Seniors? (to survive school, of course)
And here is my decision
Why: It satisfied all of the things I considered above, maybe except 4, since it's freezing there. (but I heard their heater works perfectly fine)
Last thing: It is a huge risk you are taking here. BUT REMEMBER!
IT IS YOU WHO CAN CHANGE THE PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS. (IT'S NOT LUCK.)
BETTER BE PREPARED TO WORK YOUR ASS OFF. NEVER DREAM ABOUT BEING LAZY.
If you happen to decide to go, I hope to see you there.